Two | Funeral

lovely
❝I hope someday I'll make it out of here
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years
Need a place to hide, but I can't find one near
Wanna feel alive, outside I can fight my fear. ❞
Billie Eilish and Khalid

 ❞Billie Eilish and Khalid⇁

***

When Superman died, the world lost a hero. When Clark Joseph Kent died, I lost the love of my life. He was a pleasant surprise and I only wished more people saw the best that I saw in him.

"Clark Kent was like the sun," I raised my head from the podium. "Warm and bright. Whenever he would be gone, it would be dark and cold. But, when you would see him again... it would be beautiful." I said while looking at the sky.

"I thought of him every night before I would go to sleep and I would be sad. But, when I would wake, the sun would shine on me... I would feel his presence. I knew Clark was with me at that moment... and I didn't worry because he was with me every day," I smiled, "I ask of you, do not forget the light shining unto you too."

I stepped down from the podium and walked to the casket that was holding him. I placed my hand on the surface and closed my eyes.

"Unable to perceive the shape of you, I find you all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with your love. It humbles my heart, for you are everywhere." I whispered.

At home, I was constantly reminded of Clark, sometimes it made me sad. Although I was grieving, I continued to go to school. I tried to not use my powers too much, so I stopped fighting crime. Choosing to not help people was a hard decision because I fought crime for a very long time. Helping people was who I was and not fighting crime, made me forget who I was. It was not that I didn't want to, but if I did fight... I would actually forget about Clark's death and expect him to come down with a snarky comment and a dumb smile. Eventually, my name faded from the media and I was fine with it. People forgot who I was, like me.

One night... I heard something outside that was very suspicious and strange. I walked to the balcony, I listened for the sound again. Suddenly, I was pushed against the ledge with a creature snarling at me. I was screaming and trying to keep its mouth away from my head.

What is it? I thought to myself, it looks like a man bug!

With a grunt, it was pulled back. I horrifically watched as Batman caught it in a net. He walked over to me and asked if I was okay.

"I didn't need your help!" I shouted.

"You were against the ledge of a balcony... " he said in his raspy dark voice.

"I could've handled it if he was wasn't trying to slit my throat open!" I groaned.

"Alfred... are you seeing this?" He asked.