Four | Resurrection

young and beautiful
❝ Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I've got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will. ❞
Lana Del Rey

The door opened

The door opened. We walked through and observed the Kryptonian ship. There was silence. Everyone knew what was going to happen. We were accepting the risks and the possible annihilation of mankind. I helped Barry with the casket that was holding Clark.

Barry stops in awe and says, "This is amazing."

"This is crazy," Arthur corrects him.

"Oh, what, now it's crazy?" Barry asks as we all stared at the liquid flowing inside the ship.

"You lunatics better know what you're doing," Arthur contended.

"We have no idea, don't even ask how I got through high school," I murmured.

Arthur opened up the casket, I refused to look at his body. But, everyone watched as Arthur carried Clark and walked into the water, carefully submerging him inside.

My heartbeat was quickening. Terrible thoughts flowed through my mind. You're a terrible person! Risking everyone's lives because you can not move on from Clark. That is so selfish. Everyone can die.

Victor opened the lock on the mother box and examined the Kryptonian technology. He placed his hand and inserted a key. The lights went on.

"Welcome," the ship spoke.

"Lex Luthor burnt out all the circuits bringing the creature back to life. There's not enough charge to wake the box," Victor announced to us.

"I might be able to do it," Barry declared.

"Me too. My whole life I thought I could bend water and fire. But, since Steppenwolf came, I found out that I am capable of so much more. I found out that I could manipulate people's minds and their actions. My power is not to influence the elements, but the power to manipulate anything I desire," I stared at Clark's body in the water.

"If we can conduct a significant electrical current, we can wake the box," Barry conveyed thoughtfully, "if that's still what we want."

"We have to try," Bruce replied.

"This must be the end of the line. I'm in position," Barry says over head-com.

Bruce, Diana, and Victor look to me. I nodded my head and waited for the call.

"The mother box is ready. You have to charge it the moment it touches the fluid," Victor warns, "Five."

"Diana is right. This is a bad idea," Arthur concludes.

"Too late," I mutter, feeling electricity flow through my fingers.