Welcome to Watson

My first view of London was far from the impressive scene I expected. Rain fell from heavy clouds while thunder boomed overhead, small cars zipped along the road, people in suits hurried along beneath umbrellas, avoiding the splash of water the car's tires created. In the front seat of the car was my new dorm advisor, the one who had collected me from the airport. She was tall and thin, looked about forty, and had spoken to me as little as possible. I wasn't sure why she worked at a boarding school, because she didn't seem very freindly. As we drove through the heart of London, many people tried to peer through the tinted glass. I didn't know much about my new school, but I knew that Watson Academy For The Gifted had one of the highest social standards of any in the world. I was exhausted after a non-stop flight from Georgia to London and soon enough I had dozed off in the back seat. After what felt like no time, Mrs. Claudia woke me up with pat on the knee. We were parked in front of a stone building that looked like a castle. The driver had put all my luggage on the stoop and offered me a hand. Mrs. Claudia walked up the front steps and stopped just inside the impressive front doors and turned back to me.

"Welcome to Watson."