The Overview

In a world where beauty is portrayed as perfection, it can be very hard to be an ordinary girl. You look around and you see perfect girls. And it's hard not to envy them. They have the perfect weight.

The perfect hair color.

The perfect height.

The perfect eye color.

The perfect boobs.

The perfect butt.

The perfect career.

The perfect grades.

The perfect skin.

The perfect guy.

The perfect life.

Or so it seems.

Everyone has their own set of struggles.

That girl over there who is the model for society's standard of beauty... Her parents are divorcing.

That girl with the perfect boyfriend... He constantly is cheating.

That girl over there with the stunning smile.... She battling a broken heart.

That girl with the perfect body... Her world is caving in, one skipped meal at a time.

That girl with the perfect sense of style...her clothes are all second hand.

That girl with the cutest jeans... Uses them to hide the scars underneath.

The girl with sparkling eyes... Has to attend a funeral tonight.

That girl with the perfect grades... And the overbearing parents who made her this way.

That girl with the perfect makeup...

Uses it to hide the bruises.

That girl who looks so perfect...isn't perfect at all.

Just like me and you, with our own set of struggles. A closed book with a beautiful cover. Her problems displayed across the pages in invisible ink. They are not for the world to see. Not for you and not for me. The strongest people are not those who show their strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.

Maybe this is you.

Maybe one of the situations above applies to your life or maybe something that wasn't mentioned. But, you know what?

You.

Are.

Strong.

And even if you don't think so, and even if people tell you that you aren't. You are strong. I promise you. You are strong enough to handle the life you've been given. And soon enough, the good will outweigh the bad. Right now it may seem like the skies will stay cloudy, but it can only rain for so long. The sun will come out. And it will shine down and you will be filled with a warmth that you've never felt before. You will dry your eyes and you will smile.

Beauty is something you can find deep down in someone's soul. Beauty is what makes each person different or unique. Something about them that no one else in this entire world has. So, really beauty and perfection shouldn't even go in the same sentence. Not because perfect is an ugly word, just because they don't compliment each other. Perfect is something used to describe things or objects. People aren't things or objects. So people can't be perfect.