Chapter 1

I sigh as I wake up, knowing that the tortures of the weekend have finished, but the ones of school are just about to begin.

School isn't proper torture, I suppose. I never really feel left out, or alone. But more like...unwanted at times. I don't blame my friends; it's not intentional. But they always seem to say the wrong thing at the wrong time, and I hate it.

My dad is playing a really loud xylophone concerto like he always wakes me. I have no idea of the name, but it hurts my ears like hell.

"5 more minutes!" I groan.

"Pardon?!" He asks over the music.

"10 minutes! Please?!"

"If you don't get up now I'll have to start singing!"

"Just turn it off!" I yell. There goes my lie in.

He obliges and makes for the door, "Remember, first day back! You don't want to be late!"

I can't be bothered to reply, so I just yawn and get up as always on a school day. We're never late. Even if we leave half an hour after the allocated time.

Back to school means back to Keep up the good work's and What?! How do you not know who they are? Hey everyone! Oli doesn't know what McFly is!'s. I'm the joke of the school.

And yes I get adults come up to me and say: "Ah, Miss Bern. That was amazing playing you did just there with your...what is it? A marimba? Yes, well done!" but it would be nice if someone my age would say that, even Lily. It's not fun being the class nerd.

I turn to my wardrobe to see the school uniform hanging up on it. All I can think is not again, not again, not again, not again...

~Time skip 'cos I'm a Time Lady ^.^~

I read the notice board outside the gates. Our class mates don't change but our rooms do, which means I have some friends. The ones that don't hate me and actually consider me a friend of sorts.

I head towards my classroom and find that no one's here yet; as usual. I sit in a corner and whip out my iPad and headphones. Because I'm so early, I should have time to watch another video before registration.

After about fifteen minutes, the rest of my class start piling in. I say hi to Gemma, who's really short. Everyone thinks she's cute.

Soon after I see Gen and Abi arrive. Gen logs straight onto Minecraft PE and Abi, Facebook. That's how they work. They play Minecraft and aren't noobs, they're actually really good, but they hate the YouTubers for it. They say it's pointless and ask how I could possibly stand it. I wish they'd just give it a go. All they fangirl over is Smosh, the Hunger Games and Ansel Elgort.

We got told last year there'd be two new guys coming in our class, but we have no idea who they . Don't ask me why they never got shown round by other students (not me obviously), they apparently asked not to. Can't blame them actually. Shown round by this lot? It's not exactly appealing.

Eventually our teacher, Miss Ront, appears. There's stll no sign of Alba, the best friend I have in this class.

Miss Ront makes us sit and put our devices away, "First off, I hope your summer was nice and you all had a good time."

There were mumbles about homework and tiredness at this. I just sighed and waited for the all important other news.

"The first new boy who will be in this class this year will arrive at twelve as he has had a long flight yesterday from Canada of all places! He's still settling in. His name-"

Alba suddenly knocked on the door and opened it. You could just hear a "Sorry I'm late..." from under her breath. That's Alba; always late.

Miss Ront gave her a disproving look as she sat down next to me. "As I was saying... His name is Mitchell Hughes.The second will be here tomorrow."

My eyes grew wide. It couldn't be him could it? He did come from Canada, though... it must be!

"Oli, are you okay?" Alba whispers while Miss Ront starts ranting about lockers, "You look like your gonna faint but you're sitting down so I doubt it."

"Yeah..." I replied, not really listening, but thinking of the possibilities. What if the cool girls got to him before I do? What if he's not as nice as he sounds?

"Do you know him or something?"

"Sort of..."

"And can the whispering stop please?" Miss Ront notices us.

"I'll show you at break." I whisper.

~Time Skips are as cool as fezes ;D~

At break, Alba stands waiting for me in the form room, "Who the heck is Mitchell Hughes? And how'd you know him?"

"Well... I wouldn't go as far as to say I knew him..."

"Well what would you say then?"

"Give me a sec."

I hurried over to my locker to get my iPad and quickly search up a video I hope she might like. It's a battle dome.

"Look, Oli. You know I don't really like Minecraft videos... They're not really my thing..."

"Just watch." I say.

After she'd started she looks up, "They all call him 'Mitch'... It isn't...?"

I nod.

"Wait, how many subbers does this 'BajanCanadian' guy have?"

I finally knew something someone else didn't, "Three million almost nine hundred thousand."

"I see why you were freaking out earlier."

"We need to get him on our side. I'm pretty sure no one else in school knows who he is."

"Oli, I have band practice Thursday lunches." Oh yeah.

"I'll have to work something out then...on my own..." Again. I add silently in my head. Why did school have to start today? Why did Alba have to do a practice on the first day of school. Maybe she wanted to avoid the awkwardness of spending a full lunchtime with me.

Anyway, I'd better be ready after lessons. It's not every day you meet your favourite YouTuber.

______________________________

Hey guys, Naomi here.

First BajanCanadian FanFic. I hope it's good...

I'm gonna update this each Momfay weekly unless I'm on holiday or I'm really stressed. :/

Hope your day is as cool as bow ties! ^.^

Peace out!

*unedited*