Chapter 2:

Lauren's POV:

I had just woken up and gotten ready.I called an Uber to my location and first I asked the driver to drive to Starbucks then to the apartment.After I got out and headed into the building I saw the owner waiting for me.

"Hello,you must be Lauren.Correct?"he asked me."Yes,that's me"I replied with a smile."Nice to meet you.My name is Adam.Well let's go ahead and get started by showing you the apartment" he said.

We got into the elevator and headed off to the 5th floor."So if you do decide to move in,the apartment is on the 5th floor,it's apartment number 55 and the trash room is down the hall near the stairs" he said as we walked out of the elevator and down the hall."Okay,good to know"I said.

"So here is the place" he said unlocking the door."You can look around for a bit I'll be right back"he said and I nodded back.

I looked around at the living room.It was a pretty decent sized space with a lot of windows for some natural light.I walked to the kitchen and it was also a pretty good sized place.Again there were a lot of windows,which was a good thing because I love the look of the natural light in the room,it gave the room a more inviting and homey feel to it.I also loved the fact that it was an open concept so there would be more room to move around.

I walked to the bathroom and it was an average size.Nothing too special.I then walked one of the two bedrooms.The first room was average sized and had lots of windows and a small walk in closet.The next room was a little smaller than the other room but still big.It also had lots of windows and a walk in closet.I walked back out into the living room.

Adam wasn't back yet so I walked to the windows and decided to check out the view."Oh hey there's the college" I said out loud.It looked kinda far away and a long way to walk but hey I could use the excercise,I thought to myself.

"Hey you all done looking around" I heard someone from behind me say.I turned around and saw it was Adam.I nodded and replied "Yeah,it's a pretty nice place.How much did you say the rent was per month?"

"It's around 1,800 dollars per month(A/N: I'm pretty sure it's more than that for a 2 bedroom apartment in LA but whatever.Also let's just say that the water,electric etc... is included in the rent.I don't know how that stuff works so bear with me).

"Okay,I definitely do want the place but I need to find a job to make sure that I can pay a month's worth of rent first."I said to him.He nodded and replied back,"Yeah sure thing.Take all the time you need."I thanked him and we headed back downstairs to the lobby.He quickly left the elevator to go help someone and as I was walking out I bumped into someone and almost fell but luckily they caught me by the arms.

"Oh I'm so sorry"I quickly said to him and he also apologized back.As I looked up I realized that it was Gunner from Team Edge."Oh my gosh,you're Gunner.I can't believe I met you!" I said with the biggest smile on my face.He laughed and said "It's always nice to meet a fan.How are you?Are you okay,you look kind of nervous?"he asked me.

"Oh...I'm not nervous...more like stressed but I'm also very happy that I bumped into you.So that just made my day a little bit better"I said."Oh well what's got you so stressed?And I'm glad I made your day better" he said.

"Well I just moved here and I need to find a job so I can afford to move in and pay rent and also have to worry about college work as well" I said with a sigh."Wow.Well first of all,you're gonna love it here in LA.And don't worry about the job thing I got you.Also,what college do you go to?"he told me.

"I'm sure I will love it.Also what do you mean by I got you.And I'm going to school at The University of California."I said back.He nodded and explained to me about Hi-5 Studios hiring.

"Oh my God,how rude of me I never told you my name.My name is Lauren." I told him."Oh yeah...my name is Gunner but you already knew that so I don't know why I'm telling you" he said with a laugh and I laughed back.

"Well it was so nice to meet you.I'll talk to Matthias about setting up an interview for you and hopefully you'll get the job" Gunner told me.I thanked him and we exchanged numbers and he left to go to work and I called an Uber back to hotel.