Chapter_X_5

Malia's POV

      I made my way out of the bathroom making my way back to Alexa and the guys. I needed to cool myself off I was annoyed at how they're okay with being peasants to the Lxrds. I think it's pathetic how they use the public's fear to make them stronger. But anyway i'm going to keep my opinions to myself.

     I finally found my friends, but they weren't in the exact spot they were earlier. They were on a platform. Their platform. I felt annoyance, paranoia, anxiety, and anger raise up inside me. I rolled my eyes but dragged myself toward them. I loved the steps of the platform and stood beside Alexa. She looked terrified out of her mind. Chase and Jackson were a little bit closer to them creating conversation with them. They don't like them either, but of course fear makes people do weird things. The Lxrds like being scared of. Like I said it gives them power so they don't care.

     I unlocked my phone to check my notifications and suddenly heard my name being called. I snapped my head up toward Chase and gave me this look. A look I could definitely not read. I furrowed my brows.
      "Arn't you going to say hello, Malia?", he asked, but it didn't sound like a question. It sounded more a command. I directed my eyes toward the three Lxrds they were talking with. Third in command and second in command, we call them the Beta's. The the Alpha. After I scanned them I smiled sweetly and said hello. Chase was looking in my direction and rolled his eyes knowing it was fake. I'm pretty sure the Lxrds could tell it was fake as well, but they didn't speak or react to it.

     Alexa didn't greet them verbally, she just waved. I had more social anxiety than her, but she's just terrified of them. I unlocked my phone once again and began to scroll through my Instagram. I felt eyes on me the whole time, but I just chose to ignore them as best as I could. After a few minutes I couldn't keep my thought quiet so I looked up trying to meet the pair of eyes. The Alphas dark eyes met mine and he titled his head in my direction. His eyes slowly went down my body them made their way back up. By the time he tried to meet my eyes again I already had my attention averted toward my phone.

    I felt a tight tug in my chest. Tension. I could sense it. Something happened between their conversation that was pressing the Lxrds' buttons. I snapped my head up once I felt the tightening in my chest. Jackson and Chase were already looking at me. I locked eyes with both of them and I realized they were looking behind me. I turned my head and saw what they were looking at. Isiah was messing around with one of the Lxrds. Isiah is 17 and stupid. It looked like the Lxrd was pissed off for long enough and he was ready to bust a cap in Isiah's head. I shoved my phone into Alexa and I tried to make my way toward them, but before I could a hand wrapped around my wrist. I turned to Chase, he just shook his head giving me a worried look. I snapped my wrist away from his grip and made my way toward Isiah and whoever that Lxrds' name was. The Lxrd already had his gun out ready to cock it. I grabbed Isiah by the wrist and pulled his arm. I pushed me off gently trying to get me away from the Lxrds aim. The Lxrd looked over at his Alpha like he was asking for permission to gun us both down. I didn't look over to see what the Alpha had decided. While the Lxrd wasn't looking I pulled Isiah out of the way and pushed him down off the platform. He looked up at me. "Go.", I mouthed to him. He met my eyes and looked over at the Lxrd he challenged and turned on his heel and walked away. I went over to Alexa and grabbed my phone and unlocked it again and began to text Isiah about what he did was probably the stupidest thing he ever done. I could still feel the tension, but I knew it simmered down once I felt the tight feeling in my chest loosen.