Part 2

May 26, 2018

Dinah slowly stepped out of bed and slipped on her robe and matching slippers before making her way downstairs to the kitchen. She was used to being up before 6 am every morning due to her job, but she was hoping that she would break out of that habit during the trip so that she could get more rest.

She walked into the kitchen that was closest to her room and searched each cabinet for a coffee mug. She wasn't still sleepy and she didn't need the energy, but drinking coffee every morning was apart of her routine.

After finding a coffee mug, she quietly turned on the coffee machine and went into the living area to watch the fireplace. It was a beautiful cabin and it was most definitely a place that she would consider buying for her own vocational use. It was no secret that Dinah had very high paychecks every two weeks, but she never cared to floss because 1) it wasn't really the type of person she was and 2) she had no one to take care of and show off to or with besides herself. So the idea of buying more big houses and cabins out of the country was quickly pushed to the back of her mind.

Dinah bit her lip as she heard silence, meaning that her coffee was done now. She walked back into the kitchen and put her desired amount of creamer and sugar into the beverage before walking back into the living room. She sat there staring at the paintings above the fireplace once again, before she turned her head and saw a more beautiful view.

She stood up and walked outside to take a seat in one of the patio deck chairs. She crossed one leg over the other and sipped her hot coffee as multiple things raced through her mind, keeping her occupied.

*********

Normani walked into the warm area of the cabin, careful as she pulled their luggage along with her. Her eyes increased in size a little in amazement at how beautiful this place was. There were beautiful paintings on one wall above one fireplace and there was a large flat screen tv on the other above another fireplace.

She walked further into the room and stopped, standing still so that she could take in the view a lot better.

"Wow, babe, this place is amazing." Avin, Normani's boyfriend of 2 and a half years, speaks up gaining her attention. "I mean, it's no better than my mansion, but it's beautiful." He brags, making the beautiful woman internally roll her eyes. She wanted to tell him to shut up at that moment.

She instead nods in agreement and puts down one of her bags to free up her arm. She hissed and rubbed it to soothe the aching pain caused by the heavy designer bag.

"Oh my gosh! Normani is that you?" Ally exclaimed as she descended the stairs and quickly made her way to the living area to greet her old bestfriend.

"How have you been, Allyson?" Normani asks before she is pulled into an unexpected hug.

"I've been great, but we have to catch up because I haven't spoken to you in forever!" Ally reminds the younger woman.

Normani wouldn't really call 10 years forever. She would describe it more as...well, ten years. It was just that simple.

"So, how does it feel to be 3 years away from 30?" Ally asks in a joking matter, and Normani chuckles.

"Not 27 yet" she began. "And well, it doesn't really feel any different to be honest. How does it feel to be married for three years?" Normani changes the subject and puts the attention on Ally. "I wasn't invited to the wedding by the way. I had to hear from Geeky Brian, who isn't much of a geek anymore, that you were married." Normani finished with a smirk.

Her last comment earned a strange look from Avin, but she forgot that the man was standing there, so she didn't care.

"Don't worry, Mani. We weren't invited either." Lauren says loudly as she emerges from her room downstairs.