Part 8/ Final part

June 1, 2018

2 AM

Dinah was laying in bed, sleepy but being kept up by her thoughts about she and Normani's situation when she received a text from the very woman she was thinking about.
At first she wasn't going to respond and so after she read the text from her ex girlfriend, she locked her phone and placed it next to her on the bed.
She even closed her eyes in attempt to force herself to sleep, but a few minutes later she heard her phone vibrate and she knew it was another text from the older woman.

Normani: Hey.

Normani: Are you up?

Dinah:  Yeah, I'm up.

Dinah: Y are you up tho?

Normani:  I couldn't sleep. I'm not used to sleeping alone.

Dinah frowned as she read the message. What did she mean 'sleeping alone'? Was Avin not in the room with her? Did he lock her out of the room again?
Just as she was about to respond to Normani's text and ask her why she was alone, she heard a soft knock on her door before it was cracked open and a head full of long and black wavy hair peaked through it.

"Can I come in?" Normani whispered. She asked the question, but didn't wait for an answer. She stepped in the room and closed the door softly behind her.

Dinah sat up with furrowed eyebrows and just watched as the woman walked towards her on the bed.

Normani looked down at the blonde as she began taking her clothes off, knowing that she was watching her. "Scoot over." She said, tapping her ex girlfriend's shoulder.

Dinah obeyed and moved over to the other side of the bed while Normani got comfortable under the covers. "Mani...what are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" The older woman responded with sass in her voice. She wrapped her arm around Dinah's waist and pulled her down to lay on her back, and tugging her closer to her body so that she was basically lying on top of the blonde. "I'm going to sleep with you."

"I'm not in the mood, Mani." Dinah huffed and removed the older woman's arm from her hip, just for Normani to put it right back, but much tighter. Dinah just sighed and allowed Normani to lay on top of her.

Normani giggled quietly. "Not like that. I actually meant sleeping."

Dinah just laid there quietly with Normani's body resting partly on her and the bed, and in the woman's arms. As much as she didn't want to admit it out loud, Dinah knew how good it felt to be back in the woman's arms for something other than just sex. It reminded her of how they used to be back in high school.

Normani shifted a bit before nuzzling her face into the tan woman's neck, and throwing her leg over both of Dinah's. "I need you to talk to me about something. Anything. It'll help me sleep."

Dinah sighed and licked her dry lips. She'd been wanting to talk with Normani for ten years and she had a lot to say, but now that she had the chance, her mind was blank and her vocal cords felt nonexistent.

She was torn away from her thoughts when she heard Normani mumble. "Who were you talking to on the phone earlier?"

"My niece." Dinah answered without hesitation, silently relieving Normani of any worry she once had. "She was calling me to ask if I was going back to California in time for her 4th birthday." She says and the woman on top of her hums in acknowledgement. The vibration against her neck felt ticklish. "I miss her."