One Hundred Sleepless Nights.

I didn’t see Elise very much after that, just on days when I got to see Michael.

My fairytale marriage to the girl of my dreams didn’t work out, but at least I still had my son to show for it.

The divorce will be final in a week, and Elise will be on her own again.

She moved out as soon as she was released from the hospital.

To say that our divorce shocked everyone was an understatement.

People, even ones that didn’t know is, mainly fans, were really heartbroken to see us part.

Jaime and Courtney had a son, named Skylar Aiden Preciado.

Elise keeps amends with my family, not just for our son, but for Mike.

When asked to describe why we divorced, I simply say this, “I’m the wrong Fuentes brother.”

Elise moved into her own home here in San Diego, close enough for me to see my son.

-elise-

“Ellie, can you keep Skylar today? Jaime and I have plans.” Courtney said.

I nodded, “Of course he and Michael can nap together.” I said.

“Thanks sis.” She said.

“Yeah, yeah, get out of here.” I said.

“Bye Elise.” Jaime said smiling.

“Get out of here.” I said with a giggle.

I’ll admit, Vic was right.

But I’d never admit it to him.

I sit by myself every day, and cry over Mike, but I know that all the tears in the world can’t bring him back.

I just pray that he’s with me now, giving me the strength to go on without him.

He was the true love of my life, and he was gone.

Michael’s crying upstairs pulled me out of my thoughts.

He was four months old, beside him Skylar was only a week old, and still so brand new.

Again, I thought of my Emma.

I smiled, thinking that she was safe with her real father now.

Vic didn’t know that I’d lied to him about Emma, but I had to.

I didn’t want him to know that Emma had never really been his, and Mike had played along so well.

I really did feel bad about lying, but there was nothing I could do for it now.

Eric hadn’t been Mike’s at all, but I’m sure he knew that now, Kristina never knew Mike, Emma was Mike’s favorite “niece” and his whole world, and I was the mess in the middle of it all.

I cradled Michael and watched to make sure Skylar stayed asleep.

I walked down the stairs, “Oh, I’ve really complicated things, haven’t I Mikey?” I asked.

He just smiled at me and cackled.

I sighed, “I couldn’t make it easy. I wish you’d have gotten to meet your brother Eric, your sister Emma, and your cousin Kristina. I really, really wish you’d gotten to meet your uncle Mike, the one you are named after. I think you two would’ve gotten along great.” I said.

Michael babbled and smiled.

The doorbell rang.

“I’m coming!” I called.