Chapter 22

Kayla's P.O.V.

I already had my gun in hand, and I yanking my computer out.

Who were they?

What did they want?

How many of them were there?

How well armed were they?

How trained were they?

These things were all racing through my head.

I finished tapping my password in, and I walked to the wall.

I gave it a swift hit.

The wall began to open up.

"Okay, when the hell did that get there?" Allison asked.

"Oh it's been here since freshman year," I shrugged.

I tossed each of them a couple weapons that were hidden within.

"Alright, Tahlia," I turned to her, "who are we dealing with?"

"I'm not sure, but everyone else is already locked in the weapons room," she explained.

I drew in a sharp breath.

"What, what is it?" Tahlia asked.

"This is a school full of trained killers. If the school already shut down, that means we aren't just dealing with a ragtag group of fighters," I explained slowly.

"And it also means that they've already locked us out," Allison added.

"Which means we're on our own..." Tyler trailed off.

I nodded.

"Okay, who here has the ability to take a life and keep functioning?" I asked.

Everyone raised their hand except Rachel and Stella.

"Okay Rachel, I need disguises as of three minutes ago," I ordered, and she disappeared,"Stella, I need you to hack into the main frame. They probably have at least one guy monitoring it so be careful,"

No one seemed to mind that I had taken leadership.

"What are we gonna do?" Dylan asked.

"We have to find a vantage point," I explained,"two people will go up to the roof as snipers, I was thinking Tahlia and kyle?"

"I can make a pretty good shot at like 900 yards," Tahlia said quietly.

"That'll work, Kyle will help, here," I handed them two rifles,"take them out in groups. If they are communicating we can't give them the chance to warn others,"

"Okay, what am I doing?" Stella asked from her bed with three laptops around her.

"Make sure the cameras are off of them, but it has to be natural. If it takes the cameras 15 seconds for a full room rotation, make it 20. Anything to help,"

She nodded.

"Ready, go," she commanded.

Kyle and Tahlia took off.

"Okay," I said into our earpieces,"you've 20 seconds to get down that hallway, but we're gonna go with 15,"

"Go," Stella ordered.

We watched the cameras with bated breath, but they didn't show.

"Good job, you are going to hang a right then a left, you've got less than 10 seconds for the first but nearly 30 for the second, GO!" I ordered.

After a few more turns, they were in the hall of windows.

"Guys, these windows have triggers," Tahlia told us," the second we open one, we're caught,"