Prologue

Before you start reading read this:  This story is definitely PG-13 for a reason.  There's somethings in it that are very serious and emotional topics that are not to be taken lightly.  It's a subject that's important to me, so I'm writing about it, but it's definitely an adult situation.  Enjoy!

Prologue:

Narrated

(Harry and Charlie are 13)

"Hey Charlie what are you doing-" Harry started, but he was cut off when he looked at Charlie.  Her eyes were wet and her cheeks were red and puffy. "What's wrong?"  He asked.  Most 13-year-old boys probably wouldn't care so much, but Harry and Charlie were best friends.

"I have to tell you something Harry."  She sniffled.  He walked outside and closed the door behind him so they were both standing on the porch.  She pushed back her blonde hair and looked into his eyes.

"Well what is it?"  He asked, starting to get nervous.

"I'm-I'm….moving."  She cried.  "To America."  His face dropped.

"What?! Why?!"  He could barely get his words out he was so shocked and upset.

"My dad got a new job and my parents are making me move.  God I hate them so much!"  She sobbed.

"When?"  He hesitated to ask.  She just shook her head and cried harder.  "When, Charlie?"

"Saturday."  She barely managed to get out.  It was already Thursday.

"Saturday?!  Are you serious?!"  He started to sound like he was going to cry too and she nodded as tears fell off her cheeks.  He wrapped her in a hug as she cried into his shirt.  They had always been close, since they could remember.  They went to school together and were neighbors since they were little and they hung out almost everyday.  They knew everything about each other and could tell each other anything.  Anything.

"What am I gonna do without you, Harry?"  She sobbed, still being suffocated by his hug, but she didn't mind.  She knew that friends like Harry weren't easy to find and the thought of losing him terrified her.

"Listen to me, Charlie," he pushed her away from him and looked in her eyes with his hands on her shoulders, "this isn't gonna change our friendship, ok?  We'll talk everyday, I'll call you, I'll text you, I'll email you, I'll do whatever it takes, but I promise you we'll still talk all the time."

"You promise?"  She sniffled desperately.

"Promise."  He said and a little smile appeared on her face as she hugged him again.

1 Year Later

Charlie's Point Of View:

"Hey, Charlotte right?"  I heard someone ask behind me as I stood by my locker.

"It's, uh, Charlie."  I said to the beautiful boy standing in front of me.  He had dark hair, almost black, it was spiked in the front a little.  He was tan and really tall and he had perfect teeth and bright blue eyes.

"Sorry about that," he chuckled.  "I'm Jake."  He said extending his hand.

"Well, nice to meet you, Jake."  I smiled, shaking it.  To be honest, I already knew who he was.  He was one of the most popular guys in school.  He was a senior and I was only a freshman.  I had no idea why he was talking to me.  I wasn't disliked, but I wasn't popular either, I mostly kept to myself.

"So listen I'm having a party tonight and it would really mean a lot to me if you came."  He smiled at me.  "It's on Hudson street, you can't miss it, say around eight?"