School of Dreams Chapter 19

Ok here's the big moment between Amythyst and Peter! Get ready to cry, people. (ok not really but you get my point ;)

"Oi!"

"What?"

"You can't poke her! That's cheating!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

I groaned. Why were they arguing this time?

"See? Seeeeee?" Peter said. "You woke her up! You cheated, that means I win! Pay up!"

"No way! She woke up when I thought she would, so you pay up! I won!"

"Will both of you shut up? Whoa...why do I feel so dizzy?"

The room was spinning like crazy, I could barely see!

"You started screaming in the middle of the night. I got the docs and they said you were going through withdrawl again from the morphine."

"Gahh...again?!"

"Yep." She said popping the P.

"Terrific. That's what, the third time this week?"

"Uh-huh. Scared the crap out of me too! After they pumped you full of meds, hence the dizziness, I called Peter Pan here to come over. I figured you'd want him here." She smiled.

I glanced over at Peter and smiled. "You were right."

"Oook, that's my cue to get out of here. Be back with breakfast in a bit." She was barely out the door before Peter had me in his arms.

"Hey! Easy, hun! I'm still recovering, remember?"

"Yeah, I know, but everyday that ass hole Tod comes in here and flirts and obviously checks you out with me right there, I mean it's ridiculous! Every time he leaves I just want to hold you and make sure you're still mine. I know that must sound pathetic..."

I laughed. "Maybe to a guy, but not to a girl. To me it sounds sweet, and romantic. You're jealous, as you should be when another man is after your girl." I smiled at him, and patted the bed beside me.

"I mean it's kinda a common curtousy thing, you know? You just don't check someone when their significant other is right there!"

"What are you worried about?"

"Promise you won't laugh?"

"No, but I'll try not to."

He sighed. "Fine. I'm worried he'll steal you away from me."

I looked at him for a few moments. His eyes were full of....I can't put a name to that emotion. Pain? No. Guilt? Nope. Fear? Nada.

"What are you feeling right this very second?" I asked him. He looked taken aback.

"I'm a guy, angel face, I don't know what I feel." He tried to change the subject.

"Nope, not gonna work mister. You know, you just won't say it. Just tell me." I paused for a breath. "Is it...about her?"

His head snapped around to look at me. "What?"

"Is whatever you're feeling, is it connected to your sister?"

He thought for a long moment. "I've never talked about it since it happened. My parents tried to send me to a psyche to talk about it, but I refused. I just couldn't bring myself to talk about it."

His face was pale as he spoke.

"Will...will you tell me? You don't have to, I hope you know that. I only want to help you, Peter."