Chapter 1

This morning Amber woke up to a funny feeling growing in her stomach. The ache in her head was too much to bear. She rushed to the bathroom, pushing her comforter aside and threw up in the toilet. Only then did the memory of last night return. Last night. Oh hell. She thought. Step by step slowly she climbed down the stairs thinking of a way to escape and start over hoping she wouldn't be hunted down for murder. Everyone was gone but the mess still there. She frowned, a little seed of hope rising in her heart. Maybe she wouldn’t have to run away. She made her way to the kitchen looking for a trash bag when she spotted two figures in front of her and all the hope came crashing down. What was she thinking?

"What were you thinking!-" Her mother started shouting out. Her father held a hand up to her, then crossed his arms. Amber observed the dark circles under his eyes and looked down ashamed.

"I thought you would have known better. To have trusted you for so long and you come to break it. Amber I am very disappointed in you and ashamed, to have trashed your own house. I truly don’t know what has gotten into you. Would you care to explain?" Her father finished talking. Amber knew it wasn't a question. She dared her head to look up into his hard eyes.

"I," She started "I am very sorry." She concluded at the loss of words.

"Why Amber, why?" Her mother said, her eyebrows worry full.

"You trashed this whole place, you never strike me as a rebel. Is it something we did?"

"No mom it wasn't you guys."

"Then why?" She questioned once more.

"I, it. It's difficult mom. When we moved it was hard to even find my way around let alone friends. I yea I have got enough now but it's just so different and I guess I wanted to fit in. I'm so sorry I really shouldn't have done so. I really don't know whats gotten into me." She felt like puking again but held it in. How many shots had she had?

"I really hope so. And also hope you weren't the one who broke into the liquor cabinet." Her dad said. Then he left for the stairs with her mom behind him. Damn it. She had really messed up. While cleaning up she thought why had she done this in the first place. When she had moved here three months ago starting off her junior year she had been all but excited. She roamed around the cafeteria like a helpless bug friendless, table less and real shy. Thankfully Sandra had been most welcoming and had become quick friends. She was soon friends with the friends of Sandra. Then all of her friends. It was great after a while, but only after a while. Of course soon she'd have a crush, Mike. That was great and all but he was in a whole different league. She could bear with that, she had thought. Then suddenly he started talking to her and laughing with her. Soon they became friends. Kelly was his real good friend but Kelly seemed to despise her for a reason she had no clue of. The day before yesterday Kelly dared her to throw a party to see if she really was worthy of Mike, and he agreed. What a jerk, she thought now. If he really wanted to be friends he wouldn't have cared. Now that she thought about it, wasn't he the one that made her have one too many drinks and dumped a bowl salsa on her head. She hated him. To think that she actually ditched her friends for this party.

        After cleaning up every single thing, she went back to bed since it was only one and woke up to her alarm forgetting she had actually set it. Brushing her teeth, she went to put clothes on. Finally deciding on a V-neck shirt and shorts she set off down. Her parents didn’t speak a word to her at breakfast. When she finished, she gladly raced to the door and got on the bus.

"Yo sick party last night Amber. You should do it again."  She turned in her seat to see a guy she didn’t know.

"Yea thanks."