Ch. 1 Airplane

(Airport, March 4, 2012; 10:00 am)
~Winter's POV~

We were at the airport moving to Gotham City, home of some of the worst criminals like Joker.

To be honest I didn't want to leave the home I knew for the last year, but as always my dad's job makes us move half way across the world right when I was getting comfortable with my life here.

So here I was just my dad and I passing security and into the airplane, leaving my home behind again.
As we walked towards the plane my dad was talking about all the fun we would have together once we get to Gotham.

And let me just say I'm a little hopeful we will do it together.

I hadn't said a word since we left the house and my dad is trying to reassure me.

"Don't worry, it will just be like old times... me and you, it will work out." He told me.

"It's not that it just..." I trailed off.
Fear settled in, I was scared for the future.

"It's just... why Gotham? Couldn't we have been going somewhere nice like the Bahamas? I-I heard there nice this time of year..." I said.

My dad studied me trying to figure me out. I looked down.

Yea I was scared of all the big criminals there. I mean what sensible person wouldn't be?

"You know... it's not that bad... There's batman to save the day and all the other heroes." He told me, trying to make me feel better. It worked sort of.

"Thanks."

Now. I know your probably wondering where my mom is.

Well I never actually grew up with my mom, not that I remember. My dad doesn't like talking about it.

"Flight 31 is ready for take off, all passengers to flight 31, Gotham City."

"Our flight?" I ask.
"Yes."

I guess I'm a little nervous, but I'm also excited.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~2 hours later~

Me and my dad talked for a while on the plane and discussed the fun things we would do once we got there.

The new hero sidekicks are joining the Justice League any day now so we are going to that.

We are also going to go to other things too.
I don't know when I fell asleep but I fell asleep feeling better about our trip.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry about the short chapter but it will get way longer soon.
Anyway remember to vote, comment, and feel free to tell me any of your ideas. I may not do all of them but I will try.

Also if you have a book idea, but you don't want to do it, feel free to tell me your idea and I will do it for you and don't worry you will still 100 percent own the plot and/or characters.

Word Count: 476