The Jenna Thing

Ezra woke after drowning more of his sorrows, he had a hangover. Great, he thought. What a great way to start his second day in his new job. What will his peers think? His students think? What would Aria think of him now? Probably some sorry little kid that can't handle being in the wrong situation. He walked in to class, Aria was already there. She was the only one in the class, "I want to change out of your class." 

"I can keep my feelings in check," told Ezra.

"And I can't," spoke Aria, "I can't sit around here and sit in your class, and call you Mr. Fitz and act like I don't know you, I don't want to keep my feelings in check!" 

She handed the slip over to him, he reluctantly looked at her while he took the piece of paper. A surge of guilt washed over him, he wished he could just pull her into a hug and never let her go. "Are you sure about this?"

"I'm sure, Mr Fitz," told Aria. Ezra scrolled his signature on the page and handed her the slip and she placed it in her pocket.

"Thank you Mr Fitz, it was nice to be in your class, and know you for the short time," spoke Aria.

Ezra cut in, "Will I ever see you again?"

Aria stopped at the door and span around, "As my teacher or as a friend?"

He didn't know how to answer, "I don't know, in general."

"Then, I can't answer that," said Aria as she opened the door and left. 

Ezra plonked down on his seat, and span his pen around on his fingers, would he ever actually see her again?

Soon after, it was the period where Aria would be in. She wasn't here, so the application for transfer must have been accepted.  Then the door opened, after he had set the class essays to write, he looked up and saw her walk in, in her black little dress. She handed him the piece of paper, that had a big fat "DECLINED" in red, stamped through the middle of the transfer slip. She slipped into her seat, "Aria, we're just working on a starter essay on To Kill A Mockingbird, get on with that, please." 

"Okay Mr Fitz," smiled Aria.

Now let the hell begin.