Chapter 4

Summer finally arrived, & Juicy couldnt have been more happy. Getting away for the summer was just what she needed. Even tho she was only sixteen years old, she felt a vacation was well overdue. People sometimes don't think kids can get stressed and want to pull their hair out, but Juicy knew she was worthy of getting away for a while. Her aunt Sherrie visited quite often from Georgia, and it was always a relief seeing her beautiful face. Juicy & her aunt Sherrie have a beautiful relationship. Just knowing she'd be with her made it all the more special, and with her cousin Keke of course, because she'd be coming along as well.

    Juicy kissed her mother goodbye that morning at 4 a.m., before the three of them hit the road. It was about an 8-10 hour drive to Georgia, so they wanted to make sure they arrived at a decent time. On the road, Juicy kept thinking, constantly replaying the whole ordeal in her head. She wanted to forget about it, to push it to the back of her mind. Any time Juicy had gotten any free time, she'd become lost in deep thought, one of the traits she hated about herself. She constantly would overthink. But she vowed that she wouldn't let that incident ruin her summer with her aunt and the rest of the little family she'd be with in Georgia. So with that, she wasn't about to be a downer, not even in the car ride, so she perked up. And the rest of the car ride was memorable, full of karaoke, laughter, and funny videos. It definitely took her mind off of it.

   They finally arrived around 3pm that afternoon, with time jumping up an hour, it seemed to have been later. Juicy got out the car with Keke and helped Sherrie unload the car that was full of luggage and groceries. Juicy walked into the house feeling refreshed, it was like a breath of fresh air. Even though she was just here the previous summer, she felt this would be different. A good different. Juicy's uncle Albert, who was also Keke's father, greeted them with open arms. Her cousin Jim lived there as well, but he was somewhere off with his friends. So Juicy went upstairs with Keke to get settled in. Which didn't take them long, but soon after they arrived they had gotten a visitor. Jala, who was the baby mother of Juicy's cousin Jim, stopped by, with the most adorable baby Juicy had ever seen. Mackie was her name, and Juicy fell in love with her the moment she laid eyes on her. Aunt Sherrie introduced them. Jala seemed like a cool person to be around. After all, she was dating her cousin. But Juicy had gotten into that friendship not knowing just how messy Jala really was. She'd soon find out tho.
     After being introduced and chatting for a while, Jala made her exit but not without suggesting that the three ladies hang out soon. Keke & Juicy definitely thought that it was nice that they made a friend as soon as they arrived. It meant that the summer wouldn't be too boring. Aunt Sherrie told the girls to go upstairs and chill while she had prepared dinner, which would take Aunt Sherrie a while because she was a perfectionist. So the girls went up to enjoy the roku that they don't get back home. A couple of hours passed before Aunt Sherrie finally called the girls down for dinner. They couldn't eat without Uncle Albert but he would've been walking through the door any moment.
   After about 20 minutes, here comes uncle Albert. The girls could finally eat. After finishing dinner, uncle Albert and aunt Sherrie was about to call it an early night. Juicy & Keke offered to clean the kitchen for them. So off went the couple to bed, as the girls tidied up the kitchen. After they finished, they heard somebody at the door. It was about 9pm, so the girls didn't know who'd be at the door this late without their knowledge. Juicy went to open the door.
   "Heyyyyy y'all!" Said Jala. Jala asked if the girls wanted to come out, she had some friends they wanted to meet. They were skeptical, but they eventually gave in. So they went to get dressed, and headed out the door with Jala.