Chapter 2

Richie POV

Today I married my grandfather's choice woman. Everyone congratulated us.

"Congratulations to you, may you soon have offspring"

" Thank you for your prayers"

Candy looks very pretty with the dress she wore. She looks happy with our marriage. Whereas I am a normal person and consider this marriage only to make up for my mistake against grandpa.

***

After the wedding ended, Candy invited me to rest in the room. I was deliberately looking for an excuse not to sleep one room with her.

"Richie, we should rest in the room. You must be very tired"

"You go first to the room and I have something to do"

"Okay then, I wait for you in the room"

"You do not have to wait for me, you should sleep first"

Finally Candy went to the room and I went straight to my office and locked the door so she would not get inside my room.

Right now all I'm thinking about is Maria. She should be my wife instead of Candy. I took Maria's picture out of the desk drawer and looked at her picture longingly.

****

Candy POV

I feel so tired today. After removing the wedding dress and wearing my pajamas, I immediately went to bed.

I feel if Richie looks normal with our marriage. Not for a while I started to fall asleep and forgot about Richie.

***

The next day I wake up from sleep and realize if Richie is not there beside me. I went straight out of the room and saw Richie reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee.

"Hi Richie, why are you so well dressed?"

"Sorry Candy, it seems we can not honeymoon because there is an important business in the office"

Honestly I'm very disappointed because Richie prefers his work rather than honeymoon with me.

"Well then, we can honeymoon another time"

"Thanks for your understanding, then I go to the office"

Richie kissed my forehead and he went to the office. I had no idea if my first day as his wife was testing my patience.

***

Richie POV

Finally I was free of Candy and continued my plan to find Maria's whereabouts. I can not wait to meet Maria and express my feelings to her.

Suddenly my phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello"

"Sir, I have been informed of Maria's whereabouts"

"Where is she now?"

"She's in New Jersey, and now she's married to a millionaire named Carl Walters"

It felt like my heart was devastated to discover that Maria was married to another man. I immediately disconnected the phone and threw my cell phone emotionally.

Destroyed my wish to get Maria.

***

Candy POV

Today I spend time with my best friend, Laura and Deanna.
They were very sympathetic to me because I was not honeymooning with Richie.

"Why would he prefer to work than honeymoon with you?"

"I can not force him if he's busy taking care of his job"

"I think you should be patient with him, it seems like he is a person who does not like a vacation"

"I agree with Deanna's opinion, I think Richie is too concerned about his work than you do"

"Never mind, we better discuss our business only"

"I've chosen the right place to set up our boutique"

" In that case, good"

It was time to spend with my best friend to comfort me and forget about my disappointment with Richie