Chapter VIII

Gauri smiled widely as she finished with Anika's make up

"Go change Anika. You are going to be the highlight tonight."

Anika smiled nervously. Was it really a good idea to be his date? His, who is going to possibly be the star for tonight?

As if reading her thoughts, Gauri smiled. "Ani, trust me, you'll rock it. Everyone around you will by awestruck by your charm."

Anika sighed. "You show way too much confidence in me."

Anika's eyes flitted around the room. Shivaay wasn't kidding when he said he liked his room clean. Anika thought of her own little room back at her house. Complete mess. He should never see that room. Anika chuckled.

Moving to the rack, she took the cover with her gown and moved to the walk in closet.

When she was gone, Gauri began wrapping the kit again only to receive a few knocks on the door. She opened it to come across Shivaay looking at her expectantly.

"Anika is almost ready, just done."

Shivaay nodded his head in acknowledgement.

"So, can I come in?"

"Yeah sure," Gauri moved out of his way. She got back to clearing up his table when she got a call.

Walking out of the room, she left Shivaay behind, waiting for Anika to come out of the walk-in closet.

His phone pinged and he got engrossed in talking to his brother. When he heard the door clicking, he looked up, only to find Anika calling out for Gauri.

Shivaay looked around. Gauri came just in time and smiled at him, moving in to help Anika.

When Gauri did come out again, she smiled widely. "And now I present to you, your gorgeous as ever and hot as hell date for tonight."

Shivaay raised an eyebrow but quite lost his clever comeback the moment his eyes laid on Anika.

He could only merely whisper, "Beautiful."

That, she looked. A pastel blue bodice that neatly flared at her waist. The satin of the gown was layered with a blue net, little cloth flowers sewn throughout. The off shoulder sleeves fell into a white net cape around her arms and back, sequins lined.

If that was not, it, Gauri had done quite a good work highlighting her eyes with blue glitter shadow, glossy nude lipstick and cheeks carrying a faint blush.

Her hair was tied in a criss-cross bun, loose tendrils framing her face. A little flower thread was effortlessly crowning her hair. To finish off her look, she had open ended silver pump heels, something that Anika was the most worried about.

 To finish off her look, she had open ended silver pump heels, something that Anika was the most worried about