Hold My Hand OS

‘Omkara, you need to be here soon . One of the important board meetings is going to be conducted soon!’ Tej Singh Oberoi said Omkara much more. Om just hummed and cut the call. ‘I had told him a thousand times that I am not interested in business but he is forcing me to take up that’ Om thought to himself

‘Driver, stop the car!’ Om told his driver and came out of the car as soon as it stops. Omkara rubbed his temples and sat on the corner on the park. He just wanted to forget about everything for a few minutes.

He took out his sketch book and tries to draw something but of no use. All the words of Tej rang in his head like an alarm. He tried to get rid of that thoughts but it was haunting him.

He took a deep sigh and was going to put his pencil down when his eyes caught a pair of legs adored with anklets. His eyes followed it and he forgot to breathe for a moment seeing the beautiful woman in front of him. Her big hazel brown eyes would take away anyone’s breathe. Her long hair reaching up to her waist danced with the winds. He notices that she was dancing and pair of many little kids was her audience. Unknown to him his hands started sketching her. He smiled like an idiot seeing her smile.

He sprang upon his legs seeing her ending the dance and was going to walk away. ‘Hi’ he said and bit his cheeks. ‘Namaste, aap kon?’ she asked and he felt all the words dry up in his throat. He was hell nervous. Being an artist who had given many speeches didn’t prepare him to talk to her. ‘I am Omkara…Omkara Singh Oberoi’ he said to her after a minute pause. ‘I am Gauri Trivedi’ she said. ‘Gauri’ he said to himself and smiled knowing how much it was good with his name.

‘I saw you dancing and I request you to be my model’ he said. ‘Model?’ she asked him. ‘Yes, I am an artist…’ he said but was cut off by her ‘I have heard a lot about this artist’ she said. ‘So will you be y model for my drawings?’ he asked her but the answer of her shook him. ‘I would really like to be your model but I won’t be able to see the beauty of it since I am bind!’ she said with a smile.

She took out her walking stick and goes from there while Omkara stood root to his place. He went to the board meeting but his mind was on the dancing beauty.

‘Om, what are you thinking?’ he heard his brother Shivaay ask and smile at them. ‘Shivaay, what did you feel when you first saw Bhabhi?’ he asked and both Shivaay and Anika smiled at each other. Anika was Mr.Singhania’a daughter and when Oberoi’s were going to crack a deal both Shivaay and Anika met and fall in love with each other.

‘Well, the great business man was a nervous wreck’ Anika said. ‘What happened, O?’ his little brother Rudy asked teasingly and he hid his blush. He had dated Ishana when he was in college for 3 years and Riddhima for 5 years but he never had any feel for them. He wanted to see Gauri whom he had talked just for 5 minutes.

‘Hi’ Gauri recognized the sound soon as she had heard it yesterday. ‘Omkara ji’ she called and he couldn’t help but smile at how good his name is from her mouth.

‘So will you be my model as well as my friend?’ he asked excitedly and Gauri laughed aloud hearing him and accept.

Omkara Singh Oberoi and the artist Omkara was different. Omkara Singh Oberoi only know how to say shayari and keep mum in family matters but Omkara the artist and the friend of Gauri knows how to laugh, crack jokes, play with children and most importantly be a guide for Gauri.

Gauri and Omkara laughed aloud after Om cracked a joke. ‘Let’s go to park’ Gauri said and Om nodded and both started walking towards the park from his studio. ‘So what exactly is your life?’ Om asked. ‘I have a younger sister and her name is Bhavya and she has just completed her studies from Australia. It’s only me, papa and mumma in home. Papa’s name is Harshavardhan Trivedi and mumma is Yamini Trivedi’ Gauri said. ‘You mean the businessman Harshavardhan Trivedi?’ Om asked surprised and Gauri nodded. ‘What about you?’ she asked. ‘My family consist of Dadi, Mr.Oberoi, Mom, my brother Rudr, me, Choti maa, Chote papa and Shivaay and his wife Anika’ he said and Gauri nodded. She wanted to ask him not to call his father Mr.Oberoi but his actions were justified after his family had caught his father of having an external affair.