Beach Day

Jazmine -

"You guys can follow me, I'm sure Kelsi and Keith have the kids in the classroom watching their movie by now," I said to the new guidance counselors. Walking into the classroom turning on the lights thu weren't there.

Looking at the clock it was 12:30 which was the initial time for the kids to watch their movie. Just as I was about to go into the other classroom I spotted Keith and Kelsi sitting on the floor watching something from Keith's cellphone while the kids were running around like crazy.

Walking up to them I cleared my throat. They both looked up to like they had seen a damn ghost. "Can my two junior counselors explain to me why I have a room full of children running around while it's movie time?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Jazz it was my fault I swear," Kelsi said getting up and running over to the kids.

"I'm sorry ma," he said getting up as well going to go help her. Shaking my head I picked up a piece of paper from off the floor and threw it in the garbage. I stepped back and watched as Kelsi took all the kids out into the hallway while Keith cleaned up after them.

Once he was done I followed him out of the classroom, turning off the lights we walked back to the main classroom.

"Before we watch the movie I want you guys to meet our two new counselors, Trey, and Anna they're going to be here to help Kelsi and Keith," I said.

"Hi Mr. Trey, hi Ms. Ana," The kids shouted.

"Hi guys," Trey smiled

"Hello," Ana smiled as well.

"I'm going to let them introduce themselves, and tell you all something about them and why they chose this job," I said stepping back.

"Well my name is Tremaine you guys can call me Mr. Trey, One thing about me is I'm very friendly I'm the nicest person you will ever meet, secondly I chose this job because I love kids and I believe you guys are the future, you deserved a family you deserve to know that you are loved and that there is someone out there who is willing to love you," He said.

This kids clapped and he stepped back. "Hi I'm Ms. Ana, and one thing about me is that I'm

"Okay I need to go back to the office to get some paperwork for the board meeting later Kelsi show Trey and Ana around," I responded. Once I left the classroom I made it to my office and over to my file cabinet. Today was yet another busy day for me.

I had non-stop meetings, and I had another show tonight, all I honestly wanted to do was go home get in my hot tub with a big ass bottle of wine with some old school music playing in the background, but there was work to be done. I was focusing on reconstruction of the house as well as expanding the center.

I wanted the kids to be able to stay here as long as they needed until they found the perfect foster family. I had already been on the hunt for a chief. One that would come and prepare nutritious meals for the kids instead of the food that they were already having.

Everything I was doing now came out of my pocket, but I had just gotten two grants so I would be able to get bunk beds, have more security, have more supplies for the kids, and other things like a playground in the back yard or a gym room that had a basketball court.

It's always been my goal to give back to my community so once I've expanded at this location I was going to open up one in Philly for the kids back home. All the shit that I've seen down this road as a foster parent has really driven me to want to help other kids, I wanted to give them hope give them life, give them something to be proud of. Something to be happy about.