You and I, Synchronize

Alana Lianna Carter has had a horrific past, causing her night terrors every time she closes her eyes. When no one believes the truth, she turns to the only thing she knows she can control. Her body. She cuts and starves herself, overdoses multiple times, waiting for death to take her away from the treacherous life she lives, but each time her plan is foiled. Ever since her father ruined all the good of being a child, and leaves her mother and her to fend for themselves, Alana talks to no one, and flinches away from any human contact upon instinct.

When Alana is sixteen, shes already been to the hospital 5 times, been in a coma 3 times, and has a double digit number of scars up her arms. When she starves her self once again, wanting nothing more then to be put out of misery, she goes into a week long coma, waking in a mental hospital, miles and miles from home.

Evan Matthew Tylers was abused, raped, threatened, and almost killed by his alcoholic father. Evan has tried cutting, overdosing, jumping out of windows, cars, anything to leave this world. He was sent to the hospital 11 times in his 16 years of life, each time his father makes up another excuse for why hes continuously 'falling' out of cars and windows, or mysteriously 'tripping' down the stairs.

Evan knows that as soon as he turns 18, hes leaving his hometown, and getting as far away from his father as possible. Hes smart enough to get into a decent college, but he doesn't have the money. His grandmother is passing away soon, but he can guarantee there will be no money or anything for him in her will.

Evans grandmother walks into the house, and sees Evans father smacking him around, choking him, and threatening him. She starts crying, which she knows is Evans father's weak spot. She insists she take Evan off his hands for awhile, and then she drives straight for the hospital.

When Evan and Alana meet, sparks fly, along with cruel words, fearful contact, life stories, and a budding love.