Chapter 2.....Lucas

A/N Each chapter is written from a different character's pov, if you look at the chapter title it tells you whose pov it is written from. just making sure everyone knows that, enjoy the chappie, hope you like it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frustration, that's what I felt, some at Valerie, for not talking to me, but most of my frustration was aimed at myself. I knew exactly how Valerie was feeling; I just couldn't help her.

I shook my head and started walking downstairs. I got to the bottom of the stairs just as the doorbell rang. A flash of bright auburn hair swung into view as my sister went to open the door. I turned the corner at the bottom of the stairs and came to a standstill as I saw the silhouette of a huge person, stepping closer I began to see the features, it was a man with bushy, thick eyebrows and very short hair on his head. It was so short I couldn't tell what colour it was, the same went for the stubble on his chin. His nose was relatively normal although I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been large and bulbous.

As I started towards Valerie I saw Jake do the same. He caught my eye and nodded towards the man in the doorway, a question in his eyes. I shrugged back; both of us were as confused as each other, who was the man, and what did he want?

As Jake and I came level with Valerie I turned to her,

"What's happening? Who are you?" I said twisting towards the stranger as I asked the second question.

"Shrike Solentier" the stranger replied, his voice was deep and gruff, just like you'd expect it to be. Although it had a strange lilting accent to it, an accent I couldn't place anywhere. After looking over Jake and I he turned his heavy gaze back onto Valerie. "You know why I'm here Valerie," At these words Valerie nodded and Jake looked at me, confusion written all over his face.

"Well we don't!" Jake exclaimed, referring to me and him. "So why are you here?"

"You didn't tell them?!" Shrike Solentier exclaimed accusingly. His eyebrows shot up in alarm as he looked back at Valerie. "You really didn't tell them?!" he repeated, his face getting heated.

"I didn't feel any need to," Valerie replied, her voice was cool and calm giving nothing away. In defiance she held Shrike's gaze solemnly. A few tense seconds ticked by before I muttered "I really need filling in on what's going on!"

With that the previous argument started up again;

"I can't believe you didn't tell them!" Shrike repeated again, more insistent this time.

"I think we've got the message, we all know you can't believe she didn't tell us." I muttered under my breath, Valerie whipped her head round and glared at me ferociously, I semi-raised my hands in surrender.

"And anyway, what did you not tell us because that piece of info seems to be the main object to this argument and me and Lucas really need filling in!" Jake piped up, joining me against Val.

"Exactly! Thank you for taking my side on this Jake." I replied coolly.

"Will you two SHUT. UP!" Valerie spoke with such ferociousness that Jake and I both flinched away from her. "Just be quiet for a few minutes, please." Her tone of voice got softer as her anger filtered out.

"Why didn't you tell these two and Tom, Valerie you can't keep everything to yourself." Shrike spoke gently, his voice drawing us all back to him.

"Tom was too young, he wouldn't have understood, he was only 7, and its too late to tell him now." Valerie said with conviction.