Chapter Ten

Day 679

"You go around the back of the building and take out the two corpses there. I'll go straight through the street and start on the group by the entrance. Ready? Go." Amy instructed.

I gave her a subtle nod and silently made my way behind the dirty building.

We were looting a new street today, and from the looks of the population; it was pretty overrun.

Ever since the day me and Amy spent playing games we had gotten extremely close.

Every morning we did perimeter checks, every afternoon we went exploring, and every night we snuck out to the house.

It was like we didn't need to ask anymore to do things with each other. We already knew one way or another we would end up working together.

I kept Amy's secret about sleeping at her old house from the other members of the group, and in return she let me spend the night in her brother's room. Amy didn't mind me anymore. She trusted me; needless to say with everything.

There was no more secrets between us, I mean beside what she hid in the basement.

She never brought it up, and I didn't have the courage to ask her about it. I was afraid that it was something bad, and well...I didn't want a reason to not like Amy Everett.

The corpses finally came into view, and I did my signature move. I ran up to them and took out the knee, that way when they fell to the floor I had an easier target to hit.

I killed both the corpses, and now headed over to Amy. When I saw her she was in the middle of killing the group she had targeted.

I quickly ran to her side and helped her take out the last two.

Amy nodded at me approvingly, and with that we walked further down the street.

Aside from the basement secret we were a power duo. We worked very well together clearing streets and looting houses.

Soon enough I didn't even have to go with Amy to her house. I'd hang out wherever I wanted to, and when I wanted to be with Amy I always knew where I'd find her.

She was either hanging out at home, walking the streets, or scaling the metal wall.

That last location was my favorite.

Around two weeks ago Amy showed me how to get to the very top of the metal wall barricading the city.

It was cool to be that high up in the air, and to see the entire city from that veiw. It was the second most beautiful thing I had lived to see in this world.

I quickly exited my thoughts to look at Amy charge for a straggling corpse on the sidewalk. I let her take him out as I walked.

Above all my favorite things to do with Amy was to go on runs. Not one moment of it was ever boring.

Whenever we finished we would come back and sit on the wall talking about anything and everything.

As the days, and even weeks passed most of my time was spent with her. Sometimes for buisness, and other times to just hang out.

Eddie didn't mind it. The fact that Amy went looting with me now gave him the extra time to work on his own projects. Of course it was my good for nothing Dad that minded.

He never cared before where I was, but all of a sudden now he decided he wanted to be a parent. He didn't want me hanging out with Everett. He didn't trust her, and thought she was a bad influence on me.

Complete and utter bullshit right?

However, to calm him down I tried to convince Amy that she needed to become closer to the rest of the group. She needed to gain their trust.