Chapter one-The Human

JULIA

Waking up in a bed that isn't hers, she feels frightened. The last thing she remembers is dancing at a night club with her friends. Everything after that, is a blur. She sits up in the bed and looks around her, nothing about this place is familiar, except the sounds of people from outside. Just by the hot air and the music, she can tell she's in New Orleans.

  Julia had visited New Orleans a few weeks ago to help her grandfather. Aaron, her grandfather, was the head of the human faction of New Orleans. Ever since she was a child, Julia had lived with her grandparents. Growing up in New Orleans, she was taught at an early age about the supernatural world. Vampires, werewolves, and witches were apart of her daily life; but hybrids, that was another thing.
  Klaus Mikaelson had been visiting Mystic Falls at the time of her visit to New Orleans. Over the past 100 years a vampire named Marcel had been ruling the city, but a few days before she left, Klaus came back. He demanded that Marcel give him back his city, and if he didn't, Klaus would begin a war.
  It was that night that Klaus left Marcel's party that he went to see Julia's grandfather, but only found Julia.
  She was reading a book near the fireplace when she heard a familiar sound, the sound of a vampire entering the room.

"Who are you?" Klaus asked. His voice had a roughness to the edge of it, but also sounded gentle in a way.
  Julia stood up and turned around to see the hybrid standing in the doorway, with his arms crossed and a scowling look in his eye, he tried to look intimidating.

"You must be Klaus." Julia chuckled. "The big bad wolf, I presume?"

"Yes, that is what some people call me." The look of flirtation in his eyes turned stone cold. "But I prefer king."
  Julia had put  her book down and folded her arms. She knew what he was, and she knew he's ruthless. Still, she didn't fear him although she felt she should.

"Come in, Klaus." She said, walking over to a bottle of wine. "My grandfather told me to invite you in if you arrived early, he should be here shortly."
  Klaus stepped in and looks around the small room. Aaron lived in an apartment complex towards the outskirts of New Orleans. It was peaceful out here, but also incredibly lonely. Klaus always wondered how one could live away from the noise and vibrancy of the city.

"Where is Aaron? I was told he'd be here by 7." Klaus asked.

"He should be here soon, his flight got in a little late."
  Klaus just nodded his head as his eyes searched the old mans books. He saw many familiar books that once belonged in his own home. Marcel must have given them to Aaron.

"From what I've heard, your grandfather is a very good man." Klaus said, sitting down in the seat Julia was sitting in.

"That he is. Raising me by himself was," Julia took a deep breath and laughed. Thinking back to all the memories of him catching her sneaking in late, or finding a boy in her room made her feel nostalgic. "Difficult, to say the least."
Klaus chuckles at that. He remembers growing up as a human was rather hard for his mother. Esther was always trying to protect her son against the evils of this world, specifically Mikael.

"Why do you say it was difficult?" He asked, looking into her eyes.
Before Julia answered, she saw a look of lust in his eyes. The look was more than just lust, it was an intensity she had never seen before in a mans eyes. It sent chills down her back before breaking eye contact.

"Just because I was more of a wild child." She laughs, doing everything in her power not to keep eye contact. "I would go out to parties with seniors when I was in high school, get drunk, and come back home."

"That sounds like the average life of a teenager to me." Klaus smirks. "That, and the sex."
Julia felt her body tense up from hearing him say that. It wasn't the fact that he said sex, it was the tone of voice he said it in that made her body turn on.