Eight

!¡Warning: mentions of suicide attempts.¡!

I was ready to fight who walks in.

I'm sick and tired of this life.

First Darren steals a spider, two my best friend get bit by that spider, three I became a SLAVE and a half vampire, four I was buried in a dress, five I caught feeling for Larten, six I did stuff all day, seven I found out Larten has a girlfriend!

I was just done.

A man walked in and I grabbed the dagger I had hid in my boot.

He shoved Evra out of his way.

Darren hit the guy with a mannequin as two more men entered.

He kept hitting them, trying to push them out.

A taller one came from the coat rack.

We all gasped in horror.

"LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE!" I yell and shove my dagger in the closest guys chest.

His heart to be exact.

He hissed in pain and held his hand to it.

He didn't have enough time to heal it so he died right there.

Darren pressed the hot iron against the tall man's face.

He licked his thumb and rubbed his saliva against the burn mark and it was gone.

"Darren, (Yn) you need to run!"

As soon as Rebecca said that, Larten swooped in and tackled the tall guy.

"Duck!"

Darren and I both duck and cover our heads.

Larten kicked the guy all the was to the back.

"Move." He said and grabbed Darren and I by our shirts.

---

He dragged us to his tent and opened his coffin.

"Get in."

Just like magic, the bottom of his coffin opened.

Darren and I did not hesitate to go down it.

---

"It's almost Dawn, I have a spare coffin down here. I suggest you bot get some sleep as well." Larten said.

"Aren't we going to double back and attack or something?" Darren asked as Larten turned around.

I felt awkward in this situation.

"Do you want to stay alive? I mean Darren, you're not even drinking blood yet. I doubt you'd be much good in a fight."

I sighed and put my head on Darren's chest as he held me in a hug.

"Well, what if they hurt someone?" Darren asked softly.

"People can look out for themselves? (Yn), you alright?" He asked.

I could feel him look at me and I just nod my head.

"You've been looking out for me, for (Yn), why?" Darren asked.

I could tell he was getting pissed.

His heart sped up, and not in the scared way.

"Why? I'm an idiot, that's why. Only an Idiot would spit in the eye of Mr. Tiny. Because he doesn't just kill people, he brings them back as well. And when I finally die, I plan on staying dead. Life may be meaningless, but I still have death to look for." Larten spoke with anger lacing his usually calm voice as he crawled in his coffin.

"Life isn't meaningless."

"Tell me that after 200 years of it,kid. Good day."

" If life was meaningless then she wouldn't be here right now. (Yn) would be dead from all the times she's overdosed or when she cut too deep. If life was meaningless, she would be dead and not breathing! Just because you've been on this stupid Earth for years doesn't mean that it is meaningless, why can't you learn that?" Darren spat.

I could feel Larten's eyes burn into back as I hid my face deeper in Darren's chest.

I didn't want to cry but I couldn't help it.

I let out a soft sob as Darren rubbed my back.

My sobs were barely audible but Darren felt the tears soak into his shirt.

"She tried to kill herself?" Larten asked.

"Yes, yes she has. Not like you would care anyways. We are just your little slaves that do stuff for you!"

Larten huffed and closed the coffin lid.

---

"Yeah, we have to get out of here." Darren said as mice squeaked and ran across the floor.

He stood on the cartons and pushed the plate up.

He had pulled himself up easily.

"Grab my hands, (Yn)." Darren said and put his hands down so I could grab them.

He pulled me up and the whole Cirque looked at us.

There were harsh words whispered to other freaks as we passed by.

It seems as though we are the ones to blame for all those vampire attacks.

If we're going to be honest, it's Larten's fault. He dragged us into this mess. He didn't have to blood us, but he did. They shouldn't blame Darren and I.

---

"They took her? Where?!?" Darren questioned Evra.

"Uhm, I don't know. But they said to tell you two to come home." The snake boy said in a melancholy tone.

Darren turned around and grabbed both of our jackets from the coat hook.

"WHICH OF COURSE you guys won't do! DARREN, DARREN NO BUDDY! those guys are huge, man!" Evra pleaded as Darren dragged me out of our tent.

"Darren, I'm scared! What are we going to do? I don't wanna go, please Darren," I said as tears spilled from my eyes.  "Please!"

He stopped and looked at me dead in the eyes.

"On my back, now."

---

"Darren, this is fucking stupid we're never going to-"

A silver van pulled to the side of the road and let us in. They looked like happy people. Quite a few kids. They looked like they went to church.

We were stuck in a mini van with child music playing in the background. I sat on Darren's lap. I was so fucking done.

I noticed Darren lean over to the little girls neck that sat to the left of us and I pulled him back.

This is going to be a long ride.

-----

"Thanks for the ride."

The couple sped off and waved goodbye to us. We slowly made our way up to the house.

We tiptoed inside and looked everywhere. No one was here. We made it down to the kitchen where a little pamphlet with the advertisement for the Cirque was on the table with a knife penetrating it.

In red sharpie it read, "See you two at the theater"

"Darren I'm scared.." I muttered.

•••••

HI IM BACK!!!! DID YOU MISS ME?!?!? Probably not haha. It's okay. Yes I'm back and hopefully for good. I just lost inspiration, ya know? But here I am! Here to make me readers happy!!! Also, if y'all like Beetlejuice I'm gonna have a Beetlejuice x reader book up soon! Bye!