30- The Lost Mind (E)

The distant rattling of chains and cold pressure on her arms forced Thea awake. She opened one eye after the other, and through blurry eyes, she could barely make out the shapes of lights looming overhead.

Thea tried to raise an arm up to the sky in order to block the harsh light that was shining down on her but was surprised to find that it didn't move.
Blinking a couple more times, Thea glanced down at her immovable arm, only to see it clasped in a large metal cuff that reached from her wrist, all the way up to her elbow. Thea looked down at her other arm and saw the same thing, a cold metal cuff restricting her movement.

Thea's memory caught up to her as she tried once again to move her arms. I've been kidnapped.

She desperately wiggled around on the cold hard table, trying to get free. Her arms weren't the only places that were entrapped by the cuffs. Her legs from her knee down to her ankle were trapped and her neck connecting to her mouth was being forced down too. The only other place that was ensnared in a metal vice was her torso. Her entire stomach, her waist to her pelvis was locked down.

The only things Thea could freely move were her hands and feet. So she desperately moved them, trying to somehow break free.

Her ankles and wrists became raw from the aggressive tugging on them and her neck was sore from the metal restricting her airflow.

Thea twisted her wrists in order to try to produce her powers but only a small spark formed when suddenly, the noise of a large metal door hanging open interrupted Thea's useless struggle.

In the corner of her eyes, she could see a slender, older, Caucasian woman appear from the door in the corner of the room. The woman approached Thea slowly, her heels tapping against the concrete floor.

Thea tilted her eyes around to fully gaze at the woman and watched as she spoke out.

"Well hello there Dark Matter. Or should I say, Thea Quinton." The woman crossed her arms together and glared down at Thea on the table.

Thea's eyes grew slightly at the sound of her real name being spoken out loud and began to jerk around under her restraints.

"Sh-sh-sh, calm down." The older woman said while bringing a hand down on Thea's cheek. 

Thea tried to flinch back at her cold touch but found she couldn't move an inch.

The woman slowly took her hand off of her cheek, one finger at a time and dragged a single nail across her cheek. "I'm so glad we found you. You don't know how long we've been trying to find you." She said and turned away from Thea for a moment.

The muffled sounds of Thea underneath the metal restraint interrupted the woman from doing anything else. So she turned back around and glanced down at Thea before she aggressively unclasped the hinge that kept the mouth cover from the neck cover.

The woman waited for Thea to speak while she was coughing out.
"Well? Aren't you going to say something?" She asked Thea.

Thea took a deep breath through her nose and stared down the woman before she stated bluntly, "Fuck you."

"You have quite the mouth on you," The woman said before she started to walk around the table that Thea was on.

Thea furrowed her eyebrows and glared at the woman. "What do you want with me?"

The woman remained silent as she walked back around the table and stopped right by Thea's face. Thea's mind was working nonstop, trying to figure out what was happening and why.

"Where am I? Who are you?" More questions poured out of Thea's mouth like a waterfall. All the woman did in response was roll her eyes and sigh at Thea.