Chapter 12: Love, feelings and hurt people....

LIAM’S POV:

I’m glad I finally kissed Abby, her soft lips crushed into mine, and then she told me she loves me, and I told her I love her… I won this time! Tomorrow I’ll see her; too bad Zayn’s going to be there. I wanted our time to be just us two, but no! Zayn had to be there.

I pulled up of the couch and made some dinner for my sister and me. I was done so I called Alice. “Al! Dinner’s ready!” I heard footsteps. She sat down without saying anything, not even a glace. “What’s up?” I asked. She looked up at me and rolled her eyes. “Don’t ask.” She murmured.

I nodded and kept eating. The rest of the dinner she kept her mouth shut. She finished her plate and left it on the counter. “Thanks Liam.” She said before going upstairs again. I nodded and finished my dinner. I decided to help her with whatever her problem was. I loved helping my sister.

I ran up to her room and knocked the door twice… no answer. I knocked again, I heard a groan and footsteps, the doorknob was unlocked and the door was open before I knew it. “What?” She asked, she did sound a little rude. “What is up with you? Was it Alex?” Alex is Alice’s boyfriend. She shook her head and looked at me like “Are you stupid?” I sighed. “Good.” I smiled waiting for a response. “Look, I’m sorry if I disturb you in any way, it’s just that I’m not feeling okay right now. Can you please leave?” Alice said, I nodded and walked out. 

ABBY’S POV:

I got to my house and took out of the car all the bags of clothing I bought recently. I took them inside and put them into my drawers. I went to the kitchen and prepared some spaghetti and meatballs for only one. I checked my cellphone… ‘Good, no missed calls, no messages.” I thought. I can rest peacefully. I smiled to myself and remembered that I didn’t read the other 2 letters. I pulled myself up and went to my room, where I left them on my desk. I took the 2 letters and opened both. I read the first one.

‘Hello Mrs. Gomez, I believe your condition is all better now, have you been taking your pills? May I visit you this month? Call my office when you’re free. Love, Dr. Sullivan’

Wait…. My mom taking pills? For what? Is she okay? Why didn’t she tell me? Oh my god! I need to call her!

“Mom?!” I yelled through the phone. She gasped. “Sweetie, are you okay?”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Tell you what dear?”

“About YOU taking some pills?!” She sighed. “I was going to tell you, but I…” Her voice broke. I bit my lip. “Mom, it’s okay. Just I can’t believe you hid this from me. You can tell me whenever you want. Oh and Chelsea, Emma and I are going to Miami next week to see Aunt Maggie. Is that okay?” She sniffed. “Yes! Of course, I can’t keep you from that! It’s your auntie, remember? The one you love the most.” She laughed. “Mom, it’s my ONLY auntie.” I chuckled. “Okay, I have to leave you now, babe. See you in three weeks. Take care!” She said and with that we both hung up.

ZAYN’S POV:

“Zayn! Someone is waiting for you outside!” My mum said. “Who is it?” I replied. “It’s a girl! She says she wants to talk with you!” I pulled myself up from the couch and answered the door…. It was Claire, my ex-girlfriend. “Hey.” I said. She waved. “Hello Zayn.” She smiled. “What are you doing here?” She laughed and bit her lip. “Zayn… I wanted to know if you wanted to go for a walk.”

I knew it wasn’t just a walk, she was pretending something, something devious to make me hers again. But no, I have to refuse.

“No.” I simply replied. I smiled at her. “Have a good day, Claire.” I said closing the door but something stopped me. I looked down, it was her foot. I opened it again and she pulled me outside again and closed the door behind me.