000 [Prologue]

January 22 2002

"Hey baby girl, welcome to the world" Deja said to her newborn as she held her in her arms

"She's beautiful" Tony whispered faintly that almost no one heard except Deja, she looked up at him and smiled. Tony was admiring his daughter with mixed emotions going through his mind, he didn't know how to take care of a child, nonetheless his child.

Tony and Deja broke things off 8 months ago, before Deja found out she was pregnant. 2 months later, Deja shows up to Tony's door with unexpected news. She hadn't told anyone because she thought the father of her second child should know before anyone else.

She didn't know how tony would react, she was worried and nervous about breaking the news to him, that's why she waited 1 month and a half to tell him. She took her eldest daughter, Nia - who was only 2 at the time -, with her for some comfort in case Tony reacted badly because she knew he would never yell in front of Nia because of how much he cared for her - even though he wasn't her father, he still filled in that place for little Nia in the 10 months that Deja and Tony had been dating.

To Deja's surprise, Tony reacted better than she thought. He was ecstatic at the fact that he was going to become a father but still disappointed in himself that he let this happen, especially since they were no longer together.

After discussing what would happen after the birth of their child, Deja and Tony agreed on co-parenting - nothing you would expect from a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist like Tony Stark, but he wanted to be apart of his child's life. He didn't want his child growing up asking where their father is, or spending Father's Day every year wondering why their father left them. He wanted this, although it wasn't planned, he was happy to become a father - they also agreed on becoming friends, because it would be easier that way.

Months went past and it was finally time to find out the gender of the child. Deja and Tony didn't want their child in the spotlight or known as Tony Stark's Child, they wanted their child to have a normal life and when the child is ready, they could announce it, but for now, they wanted to keep everything on the down low, which is why Deja has to go to all her appointments by herself since she refused to let Tony's private doctor do all her check ups.

As soon as Deja left the OB/GYN, she immediately texted Stark.

Deja Jones
Wanna know the gender?

Tony Stark
Yes!
But not on text,
Come over.

Deja Carter
Seriously? You're making a pregnant
woman of 20 weeks go all the way to
the other side of the city just to tell you
the gender of our baby?

Tony Stark
Uh
Yeah?

Deja Jones
Fine.

Tony Stark
Do you want me to send over
Happy to pick you up?

Deja Jones
No, I don't like letting you do
stuff for me.
I am an independent woman.

Tony Stark
Well than why were you complaining??
Mood swings -.-
Message not delivered
At least let me pay for your cab

Deja Jones
Okay fine.
See you in 20

As promised, 20 minutes later, Deja showed up at Stark's door.

They were having a girl.

"You name her."

"Hm?" Tony hummed and immediately shot his head up at Deja's words.

"You can name her." Deja repeated with a smile on her face

Tony opened his mouth about to refuse her offer before she cut him off.
"I named Nia, you should name your daughter as well."

Tony smiled at this. "How about Michelle?" He said the first name that struck his mind. Deja looked at him with a confused look on her face.

"My mother's name." She said quietly with a frown on her face

"She was a wonderful woman" Tony smiled at both Deja and Michelle. Deja smiled back with tears clouding in her eyes as she handed Michelle over to Tony.

Tony took Michelle from her arms and held her protectively, afraid he was going to hurt her. "Loosen up a bit, Stark" Deja mocked Tony and he chuckled

"Welcome to the world"

__________________________

Hey guys! This is my first ever story / fanfic. I hope you enjoy it.
I promise I will try to make the chapters longer than this but since this is just a prologue, it's quite short

- R xx