Chapter Five~ Fading Away

*Kurt's POV*

I skipped school because last night was terrible. My mother and father were fighting again. I was so scared. I hid in my closet and covered my ears with tears running down my face until my father ran out and it stopped. I stayed up the rest of the night waiting for the yelling to happen again but like usual it didn't. My father left and came back drunk.

"Kurt, are you sick today?" My mother asked as she walked inside my room. She didn't even notice I didn't go to school today.

"Uh yeah. I uh have a really bad headache." I lied but she'd believe me anyway.

"Okay then. Well I umm- I need to talk to you." She sighed and sat down on the bed by my feet.

"Mom what's wrong?" I asked getting a little scared. Tears began to escape her eyes and roll down her cheeks.

"I really tried Kurt. I'm so sorry." She whispered and sobbed.

I hated seeing my mother like this. Crying and sobbing. "Mom what are you talking about?"

"We're getting a divorce." Was all she could choke out. I felt my eyes watering up. This is what I was afraid of, my father leaving. He was going to get a new life. A new family. I quickly pulled my mother in and hugged her. Both of us were crying and sobbing. I didn't want my father to leave, I didn't want them to divorce. What about me and Kim? Doesn't he care?

"Well I have to go," My mother started wiping away her tears. "I'll be back soon. I love you. Do you want something for your headache?"

I shook my head. "I already had something."

She faked me a smile and hugged me one last time before leaving. My father hates my mother and my mother hates my father. I kept repeating that in my head. I needed to see Kim and Krist.

I jumped out of my bed and took out the door. I wiped away the tears that were forming in my eyes and kept walking. School was almost over by now anyway.

When I got there I sat in the front of the building waiting for them to come out. The bell had just rang and people were walking out. Finally Kim, Krist, Lisa, and Dave walked out together. I got up and ran to Krist, wrapping my arms around him. I need comfort more than anything right now.

"Hey Kurt. What's wrong?" Krist asked but I couldn't speak because I'd burst into tears.

"You okay?" Lisa asked. I shook my head for a 'no' and held onto Krist.

"What happened?" Krist whispered.

"My parents are.... divorcing." I choked out. I burst into tears on the last word. I looked at Kim who was filled with shock. I let go of Krist and held my little sister. I could feel her tears on my shoulder but I didn't care. I picked her up and started carrying her home. Lisa was trying to say comforting things to her, so I'm guessing their friends now.

Dave kept his head down without saying a word. I finally stopped crying but my sister didn't.

"I'll see you guys later." Dave mumbled and went inside his house. I carried my sister on the porch and let her go.

"You okay sis?" I whispered. I hope she didn't burst into tears again.

She nodded. "Yeah I'm fine. I just got shocked and upset."

I sighed and opened the door. My father was already gone but my mother was sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee and smoking. She didn't smoke unless she was stressed. I made my way to my room leaving my sister and mother to talk.

I didn't feel scared anymore. I realized maybe it was good my father was leaving. I wouldn't have to worry about the screaming anymore.

"H-Hey." I heard a voice. I looked up and saw Dave standing by the door.

"Hey." I said quietly and looked down.

He shut the door and sat beside me on the bed. He wrapped one of his arms around me and sighed.

"I kinda know how you feel. My parents got divorced two years ago." He said. I nodded. I didn't like the feeling because I just keep thinking of my mother getting a new husband and my father getting a new wife.

"Don't worry, it gets better in a few days." He whispered in my ear.

I put my eyes on his shoulder and began to cry. He wrapped me in both of his arms and held me tightly.

"It's alright Kurt. Don't worry. Everything will be alright." He kept repeating to me. I finally managed to stopped crying again.

He looked into my eyes and I looked into his. I leaned in and kissed his lips. I was about to cry again but I held the tears back. It took him a few seconds to kiss me back but he finally did.

I kissed him deeper and tried to slide my tongue in his mouth but he pushed away. I quickly kissed him again and jumped up on his lap, straddling him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and slide my tongue across his bottom lip. He unsurely let me into his mouth to explore. I massaged his tongue with mine which he let out a quiet moan.

My lips left his and went to his neck. I kissed and nibbled around until I found his sweet spot.

"K-Kurt stop." He whispered. But I didn't listen to him.

"Oh my god what is happening here?" I heard Krist's voice say in surprise.

I quickly jumped off Dave's lap and looked at Krist who was laughing. I felt my cheeks get hot so I covered my face.