𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

yes... this is a remus & peter fanfiction. ahh a bit odd, i know. walk with me here. i like the dynamic between the two i've created, i'm sorry. this story will focus more on remus than the other marauders. also, not following canon events (i feel like every marauder based story on this app rarely does lmao). heads up. 💙

preferred reading font : hoefler text (my personal fave font on my ipad), cochin, or baskerville. listen, my fellow andriod users, i know some of us don't have these, it's fine.

i'm moony btw. i'm the ravenclaw behind this treacherous peter plot. just hear me out, hear me out. chapter four is my favourite.

↠↠↠

chapter one. september 1st, 1974.

REMUS CARRIED his Hogwarts cart onto the piling Express, letting out a breath of exhaustion as he kept his head down and mumbled a tired hi to the preppy kids greeting anyone passing by. His mother's words of warning played in the back of his mind, being reminded not to harm anyone to the best of his abilities. He had no right to get offended at the warning - he was an monster after all.

This year was no different than the other three years he's spent at Hogwarts, excluding the close friends he's picked up along the way. His first year was terrifying - as a boy who lived in an attic at home, being socially brought to a school gave him anxiety problems. He worried about the right words to say, the right gestures to make, the right nods to give. He worried about the right smile to pass off, the right handshake to create, the right tone to use. He worried about the personality they'd want from him - mean? Rude? Nice? Nonchalant? - Surely, they wanted mysterious. It came along with being the abnormally growing bookworm.

"He's so tall for our age," a lot of girls commented, some saying it out of curiosity or.. lust? Remus could never tell. It's not like it mattered to him what their tones meant - it didn't interest him; they didn't interest him.

What did interest him was his friend group. James was a good friend - he took care of Remus every chance he could, he defended his friends, he was funny and he was pretty handsome. The only problem was his flaws. He was an arrogant bully with an attitude the Minister would have. He never cared about the consequences of his actions, nor did he care to take responsibility for them. If it didn't have James' interest; James gave it no thought. He wasn't, however, a bad person to Remus - even if he was, Remus never had the voice to speak up against him. Why should he? He was the quiet one, he allowed what they did to happen. Argue with his only friends? He didn't see any good in that.