Chapter 1- The Beginning

Well y'all wanted a alternative ending, but honestly I just ship Remi and Obi to much. I know this is selfish but I think y'all will love Remi just as much as I do.

I feel like Remi has a lot of potential and we really haven't seen a lot of her yet. Although she will be playing a slightly bigger role in the second book, since y'all wanted something with Obi...

The picture above is Remi's sister, Shizu. Also the cover of the book is Remi.

This is what I've come up with and I really hope you guys enjoy it! Now then without further ado here is the first chapter of
"The Fragile Herbalist"!

(Remi's point of view)

Today marks the first year anniversary of me and Obi getting together. After I went to find Mirayuki at the Lions of the mountain a little over a year ago I met Obi. We hit it off instantly and began dating only after a month of meeting each other.

In that time frame I applied at a small school in the capital. After there had been several different jobs that had a surplus of great candidates Mirayuki decided to make a school for them. She also established a training program for the guard after she opened it up to both genders.

But the school I go to offers a course for aspiring herbalists. It's a three year course and I'm in my last months of my first year.

"Now then Class can anyone tell me what the Sniper herb does?" Our teacher, Mrs. Sato, asked the class and everyone began to look around. I was the only one to raise my hand.

"Yes Ms. Himura?"

"The Sniper herb also known as the second deadliest poison herb in the world is called the sniper herb because it only takes a single herb to kill two people. It also can cause rashes similar to poison ivy if rubbed on the skin of a person or animal." I responded as everyone else groaned. I smiled shyly as they all glared at me.

Though all of my classmates were very knowledgeable when it came to herbs they lacked confidence. Now even though my normal amount of confidence level is very low in the classroom I'm much more at ease. Or at least when I'm answering a question.

*Ding Dingaling Ding*

The final bell ran signaling that school was over. I quickly packed all of my books into my bag and head out of the door.

I sighed happily as the sun streamed down my face as I made it outside. Today was another beautiful day, the sun was shining brightly and the birds were chirping.

"Rem!" I heard the familiar nickname easily telling me who it was. I turned to my right to see Obi running towards me in his regular attire.

"Obi!" I ran towards him and jumped into his opened arms. My arms looped around his neck and his wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"How was your day at school my little Rem." His 5"10' frame easily over powered my 5"1' frame.  I snuggled my head into his chest.

"It was good, I just missed you." I mumbled into his chest. His chest rumbled in laughter, his laugh reaching my ears was like music.

"I missed you to, come on let's get you home. You said that your parents had some big news. We better get you home." His hands found mine and began to lead me towards my house. Me and my family moved to the capital after my father got his inheritance.

It took us awhile to get to the richer area but eventually we arrived at my house. My little sister, Shizu, was waiting on our doorstep waving to us.

"Rem Rem!" She called to me and began to run towards me. But she tripped on her dress. Just before she was going to hit the ground Obi daughter her. She giggled and smiled at him before he sat her down and she came over to me.

"Hey Shizu, how are you?" I smiled down at her and she grinned back at me.

"Sorry no time for that, Papa and Mama told me to bring you straight in! So say bye to the dream boat over there and let's get going!" She exclaimed and began to drag me along.

"Goodbye Rem!" Obi yelled and his eyed shined in amusement.

"Bye Dreamboat!" Both me and my sister yelled back making us dissolve into fits of laughter. As soon as we walked through the door out dog bound towards us.

"Zippy!" Shizu yelled the funny nickname at the dog. His actually name is Zero, but since he's always running we decided to call him Zippy.

"How are ya bud." I bent down and ran my hand through the big golden retriever's hair. Shizu had her arms wrapped around his neck while she snuggled into his chest.

"Remi? Are you home?" I heard my mother, Est, call for me.

"Yes mother! I'm home!" I grabbed Shizu's hand and we made our way to the living room where mother and father were.

"Ah good, we can finally tell you the news!" She exclaimed happily as she clapped her hands together.

"What is it mother?" I ask her but before she could answer I heard a voice all to infuriating.

"Well dear, we did a little digging on your friend... Obi."