Mystery in Arles

He didn't want to go out on such a night, I should of listened to him, but when the two or three police cars past us i just had to go see what's happened. We raced down the big hill, that leads to my driveway, turned a couple of corners then saw it.
A dead body.
"G-go see who i-it is" Rory claimed pushing me forward. I slowly creep forward to see who it was. Hesitantly moving the head over to get a view of the face. Josh, my half cousin. Just lying there, still as a .... a dead body. I instantly turn around, hearing a brief scream around the corner. This time I forced Rory come. Like usual he followed quietly and quickly behind me as if I was a sacrifice. Something speedily dashed past my face.
I've watched horror and murder movies this is the part where people would follow the thing and get trapped or leads them to a dead end, that wasn't what's gonna happen to me. Although I did run after it, which was pretty idiotic of me. I turn left then right then a couple more turns until I had no clue where the masked figure went.
"DAMN IT!" I scream. Just at that moment Rory came, probably hearing what i said.
"W-what's wrong?" He exclaimed
"They got away thats what's wrong" I say frustratedly.
"Hey also who was that kid?" Rory questioned. Swiftly moving around the next corner, Rory ran next to me.
"Josh", I hissed, "my cousin, well not really my cousin. His parents were good friends with us."
"Bummer" I heard under his breath.
We started walking briskly back to my house. Until Rory tripped over, what seemed to be nothing until we looked closer. It was a trap door. In the middle of basically nowhere. Rory, for once, opened it before i had to. He even crawled into the tunnel below, this was all so new i was shocked to what was happening. I followed him into the hidden tunnel, we followed it for decent amount of time, until there was a split way.
"Ok i have a plan. You go one way and I'll go the other way" He claimed very confidently.
"U-um sure. By the way when did you get all, um confident?" I whispered making sure no one that was around could hear.
When we slit up, it seemed much creepier all alone then with Rory. Then, a sudden yell of my name makes my spine tingle.
"ANNABETH! ANNABETH GET HERE NOW ITS HIM...HER...THEM!" I could tell that Rory was literally screaming at me to get there. He seemed closer then he was, instead of going back the way I came I kept going the way I was though I was now sprinting. Left then right until, I saw them. The masked figure was right in front of me. Rory was on the other side, they couldn't go anywhere. Besides up, there was a ladder right next to the assumed murderer, but even then the trap door was locked.
We got close enough to unmasked the masked figure and they had long broken curly hair, milk chocolate brown skin and gorgeous brown eyes. A found girl around my age, it was Margarita or better known Peggy Smith. Their family is known for our villages vegetables. Not at all murder.
"Why did you do it? Why did you kill josh" I screamed at her.
"I-I didn't. I just wander around these hidden tunnals" she cried sounding as terrified at ever.
"W-why do you just wander around here? Its so creepy, and also why are you wearing a black robe and a black mask?" Rory sounded as confused as I was.
"Because", Peggy shivered with fright, " its the only warm clothes i have for winter. And the person who murder your friend, he disappeared in, I think, a jeep out west"
"Oh um well so sorry we thought you killed Josh and um thank you for the imfomation" i hesitated before pulling her off the ground.
After unlocking the closest door, Rory went back to his house and I went to mine. The theres now an unsolved mystery in Arles. Life is going to get so much harder this year.