Gone {k.th}

She's gone.

I stared at the wall of the studio. A delicate floral painting on hard wood.

I can't believe she left.

I already knew something was wrong. She wouldn't look at me and instead was looking at the vase which held the blue carnations I gave her.

"Hey," I urged while lightly placing my hand on her knee. "You can tell me anything, you know that right?" She sighed.

"That's the thing Tae," she mumbled. Her focus now on her hands that were being nervously rubbed together. "I can always talk to you, but not the other way around."

"What?" Was the only word I could say.

"You never open up to me Tae! How are we supposed to make this work if it's only one sided." She ranted, her hands thrown up in exasperation.

"What do you mean one sided? I love you." I was so confused, where did this come from?

"I love you too. But I'm worried! How-how am I supposed to know if you're happy or healthy if you never tell me anything?" She stammered. She looked up, holding my gaze with her teary eyes.

"I'm fine." I smiled, though I had an uncomfortable feeling brewing in the pit of my stomach.

"See!" She exclaimed. "It's always 'I'm fine' with you. I never get an actual answer. Stop being a coward and tell me how you feel for once, god damn it!

She was crying. I hate seeing her cry. I reached out to touch her but she dodged my hand.

"Please, I don't know what you mean." Only I did.

I tried to touch her again and this time she let me. I pulled her into my embrace- she was shaking.

She slowly brought her hand up to my face and caressed my cheek, bringing her lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around her waist, bringing her closer.

I hated everything about this. I hated how she was sad and it was because of me. I hated how our lips broke apart.

I hated how the kiss felt like it would be our last.

I held her close to me, our foreheads touching. I refused to let her go.

"Tell me how you feel." She pleaded. Everything became blurry, I knew what was going to happen.

"I can't." My voice cracked, everything hurt.

I heard her let out a shaky breath. She pulled out of my arms crossing her own over her chest.

"Then we can't do this anymore. Goodbye, Kim Taehyung."

She left.

She left, all because I was too afraid to open up to her.