Rewind

It was hard to tell what could have happened to this woman. Her ID said Bethany Silverberg. But even after calling that name more than twice she still didn't recognize it. She was conscious but she didn't answer her name. After so many tests run on her we figured out she had damaged her brain very badly. How could this have happened?. She was reported to have been found unconscious on the streets very late at night. What could it have been?.
Oh God. What must have happened!?  It was hopeless trying to keep calm, she was dying fast. If she had been brought to the hospital earlier, it would have been less critical. I didn't even have time to realize that praying and confining in God would be the best. Does she have any family?  If she did they should have began search for her days ago.
"Madame" I called out straying away from using a name she couldn't even relate to.
She was in great pain and each time she fully regained consciousness we had to tame her like a wild beast. Her body was fighting with the little hope it didn't even have. This was the fourth time she had to be struck with a syringe full of morphine. If this continued she would surely die. I couldn't even bear to stay in the room anymore. I felt nothing less of a murderer.
She was fading fast.
"Father please save her"  I cried out giving up. The lady who had forced herself into the room minutes ago was crying helplessly. She claimed to be the last person who saw her before the tragic incident. The petite woman who looked to have been so shocked by what she heard kept screaming each time we injected Bethany.
Bethany. The lady looked to be in her mid twenties or younger. I considered her to not be from anywhere around here. You hardly found anyone with such a unique colour of hair, almost dark velvet. It was hard to tell her facial features they were all covered in blood. How could such a young lady end up like this. I couldn't let this happen. Lord. Please help me. Help her
When the results came out I was told that she also had a weak heart, even as a doctor I hadn't felt so troubled with any patient unlike this one. We had stayed up all night looking for blood donors she had lost so much blood and needed more to keep her alive.
When she opened her eyes I had been so eager to look into them. maybe they could communicate to me and tell me what was going on but it wasn't right I wouldn't be right to do such, considering her case. But something drew me back, something so sudden like a repelling force. Amidst all the chaos I felt something calm in those eyes, something that I hadn't felt in years.
"The substitute doctor will be here to take over soon please everyone remain calm" there was a specialist that was supposed to come and handle the situation, but wasn't it too late. She had just started regaining consciousness again for the fourth time. This time something felt different something that triggered a lost memory, almost as if I could feel her pain and her emptiness. Who on earth is this woman? Who could she be?.
" We will need privacy please very other personnel should exit" I hadn't even noticed when the other doctors came in.
I couldn't leave now,maybe I should help in the operation.
" Mr Matt. That includes you too"
I was immediately thrown out of my thoughts and into reality.
"Oh sure" I said forcing my feet to do the expected. I got some glance of the mirror opposite her before finally leaving. And as soon as the door was shut behind me. The pieces immediately came together. My mind replayed it over and over again.
No it can't   I thought
Could she be the one? It cannot be. It just can't. I must be seeing things. This cannot happen!.