CHAPTER 6

Third Person's POV

Sasuke was upset. His elder brother did not come home again. He had hoped that today out of all the other days, beloved brother would come to see him. Today was his birthday after all. From this day forth he was 4, yet his brother was on a mission far away... again. It has been so long since they spent time together, playing ninja or chasing each other around the compound.

Of course, Sasuke understood that his aniki had responsibilities, as the future head of the Uchiha clan and protecting the village, as a member of the ANBU Black OPS. He had hoped with all his heart that today, just today his brother, who he looked up to, would put him before his responsibilities and come to wish him a happy birthday. How utterly devastated he was feeling now, knowing his one and only wish will not come true.

He dejectedly changed into his fluffy pajamas and trotted towards his bed. Closing his eyes, he could not help but let a stray tear roll down his cute chubby cheek. What he was not aware of, is that while he was visiting the dream realm, a dark shadow appeared upon his windowsill and gazed at his sleeping form, as if trying to remember each small detail of his peaceful expression.

All you could say about the figure was that it was a human and a male at that. No other features were visible with the shadows enveloping him protectively. The shadowy figure reached out his hand into his back pocket of his black outfit. For a minute a sound of rustling clothes could be heard, then the person pulled out an unidentified dark object.

He slowly crept into the room not wanting to wake up the little one, who was obliviously sleeping on the bed. He slowly leaned over his sleeping form, his eyes not straying even a little from the sleeping face of the child. He reached over with his hand towards the boy's head. Just as he was about to touch the young one's hair, he stopped. The boy stirred in his sleep, groaned and flipped on his side hiding his face from the intruder. The figure retreated his hand and swiftly stepped back from the bed. He then flashed to the little bedside table and placed the previously taken out object down gracefully slipping out of the room unnoticed.

As he jumped out into the chilly night, the moonlight illuminated his figure and you could get a glimpse, a faint outline of a porcelain mask in the shape of a weasel. He nimbly jumped into the shadows, dissolving in the darkness of the night. Leaving no evidence of ever being there, except the little object next to the bed.

Ifyou strained your ears enough, you would be able to hear a faint whisper, as ifrustle of the autumn leaves. "Happy Birthday, Otouto."    

________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N)

I hope you like it :)

~Venecila