Houses [EXO Sehun One-shot]

Houses: An EXO Sehun One-shot

For #Fanficfriday

When your friend was sitting by the roadside, the heat burning his pallid skin and his rainbow hair smothered with dust, he held your pet cat close to him and stroked her fur gently. Your eyes twitched. The air smelled of smoke, but that wasn't what bothered you. You hated seeing him holding Dream and playing with her while she was your cat! "Stop it, Sehun. Don't make me remember why am I mad at you again." you glared at him.

Sehun drove Dream away from you, his stern face emphasising his refusal. "Remember my promise? Sooner or later she'll be yours again, trust me."

"Hmmph." You rolled your eyes. "You annoying brat."

"Ohorat?" Sehun held a hand out to you.

"Ohorat." You took his hand and stared at Dream longingly.

When you arrived home, your neighbour, Uncle Suho awaited you with a shining face. He placed his hand on Aunt Na-ra's shoulder and beamed. "You're going to get a new friend." he said.

Finally, after years of marriage, Uncle Suho and Aunt Na-ra had a child to call their own. You were the first one to be informed. "Yeobo, will our child be a he or a she?" said Aunt Na-ra rubbing her tummy.

"Must be a he," Uncle Suho said confidently. Summer winds blew his snow-white hair parted straight at the middle. "When he's born, we'll have a football field of our own!"

He paused when you questioned: "But all our football fields are go--"

"Miracles can happen, Cheon-sa." Aunt Na-ra reminded you. "She might as well be a girl."

"Yah!" Suho faked a surprised expression. "I thought we had agreed on this!"

"Calm down, ahjussi! One day we'll play with him in a real football field." Sehun piped in and outstretched his hand to you. "Ohorat?"

"Ohorat...?" You smirked at him and took his hand.

When Eun-ki was born, he didn't get a football field. Unknown strangers in uniform came and his house, Sehun's house and yours were lost. These strangers came with big machines you still couldn't understand and suddenly they drove their machines and hit out and hit out and hit out until everything lay crumpled in grey against the white dust of the ground.

The cold wind rolled over everything, cutting you through the bone and bringing a cloud to Sehun's face. He sneezed first before you did.

"Mom said that they don't want us to be here," Sehun said, kicking a rubble. His sharp, clear-cut features were made downcasted as he turned his face to you. "They want to build something new on our houses."

"Houses." You scoffed. "They want to build more houses."

"If they want to build their houses, why can't we have our houses, too?" Sehun bit his lip.

"Hmmm..." Suddenly, you felt compelled to ask him a question: "When we have houses, we'll be neighbours again, right?"

"Ohorat?" Sehun held out his hand with a piece of rubble in it.

"Ohorat." You kept that piece inside your pocket, even long after that day.

When you thought about Uncle Suho, you couldn't help but to remember the fact the he was never to be seen after his house perished. But one day, you and Sehun moved to a new place. The place was nice with more trees and less dust and less heat. While you were walking along the old streets, you saw a man, his hair now a paler shade of white (is that even possible?) and his face was tinged with red. He was beaming, but he looked different. You couldn't feel his smile.