Chapter Ten: Moment Together

Serena's POV

At the courtyard of Kalos High, many students gathered as they all watched the beautiful fireworks display. I stood there, blue eyes shining with happiness and excitement, when all of a sudden, Ashley tapped my on the shoulder. Frowning, I turned to her, asking, "What is it?"

"Wanna watch it from the rooftop? We'd see it better - besides, I don't think anyone's up there," she says to me, smiling widely.

My face lit up with happiness even more. "We should!" Without another word, I grabbed Ash's hand and immediately ran towards the building, a huge smile plastered onto my face.

Ashley was trailing behind us, running as well. Eventually, we made it to the rooftop, and I opened the door quickly, stopping in my tracks as my eyes landed on the majestic explosion of the different colors in the sky, but this time it was way closer to us.

Ash grabbed my hand and the two of us ran close to the edge of the rooftop, staring in amazement at the colorful night sky up above us.

"Guys?" Ashley suddenly calls from behind us.

I turn around. "What's wrong?" I ask as I saw her looking at me sadly.

She sighs. "I'm sorry, but my mom said I should go home now,"

Disappointment settled inside my stomach. "Oh.. well, okay.." I trail off. "I guess I'll see you next week."

She waves her hand at me as she runs towards the door. "I'm really sorry,"

I smile at that, despite the sadness. "It's all right," I reassure her.

After she left, I look back up, watching the fireworks. Because it was nearing 1: 00 AM, there weren't as much fireworks as there was before. I walk over the other side of the rooftops, looking down at the courtyard. I noticed that many students have left, but there were still at least 30 watching.

I walk back over the other side, enjoying these last moments of the school anniversary.

"Today was so much fun, isn't it?" Ash said to me.

I look at him and found out that he was looking at me, too. Blushing a little, I reply, "Yeah, it really was,"

A deafening silence followed, and for a moment, the two of us looked deeply into each other's eyes before Ash spoke again.

"You know," he starts. "I'm really glad we became friends, Sere."

I smile at his statement. "Me, too,"

By now, there weren't as much fireworks as there was before, and if there would be one, it would take at least every 3 minutes. At the  courtyard, there were only about 10 people left.

"We should head back down, the fireworks display is almost over," he says after a while.

"Yeah, we should," I reply.

The two of us left the rooftop, and walked outside of the school. Once we reached the courtyard, Ash and I said our goodbyes right before going home.

And, even though this wonderful night have to come to an end, I'm glad I had to spend it with Ash.

---