Chapter 1

It was two days before Christmas as Baekhyun, wearing a navy turtle neck, was decorating their beach house in gold and silver. It was his third Christmas as a human and he loved it more and more every year.
He had also turned 20 this year and got his own drivers license. He now was the perfect housewife (or man) who loved cooking for his boyfriend for when he got home from work.

Baekhyun walked up to the large window area they had in their living room and which gave them the perfect view of the ocean. He excitedly looked at the sky and smiled as he remembered Chanyeol's words from this morning.
‚It's supposed to snow today or tomorrow, baby!', the taller had laughed.

Baekhyun really hoped it would snow today. Because even though he had been living on the land for over three years now, he had never seen real snow before. And he really was hoping that this would happen this Christmas!

Baekhyun smiled and walked to their fireplace to decorate it too. He had placed a few deer figures on top and even fairy lights, like everywhere else in their house. He absolutely loved fairy lights!

„Baekhyun? I was just talking to Luhan on the phone and he told me that he might have found something out about this ‚light-shoal' thing you've read about.", Sehun said and came in, looking better than ever.
Baekhyun turned around and smiled at his tall but younger brother. „Thank you for the help, Sehunnie.", he said and laughed as Sehun pecked his cheek.

„Anything for my favorite brother!", he grinned and plopped down on the sofa.

Baekhyun laughed at that remark and watched him. His younger brother was so handsome and tall. No wonder he was working in the fashion industry. Even though he did not look as exotic as himself, designers and photographers went crazy to work with him.

„Have you told him that we are having our Christmas party an hour later?", he asked his brother while he placed some Christmas style cushions on the sofa around him. He really went all out!

„Yeaaah. Luhan and Minseok don't mind. I think Jongin and Kyungsoo can make it too but Tao will probably be a bit late. He has a shoot on this day. He is always working his his butt of.", Sehun groaned.

Baekhyun sat down next to him and squeezed his cheek.

It was now almost half a year ago that his brother had turned human. And to everyone's surprise did Baekhyun have nothing to do with it. It was Sehun on his own who got curious and started to follow some cruise ships from time to time. That was when he saw this spoiled, Chinese rich kid called Zitao partying with his friends on a yacht. He ended up falling drunk into the sea and Sehun decided to rescue him. They were absolutely perfect for each other.

Baekhyun smiled happily when thinking of how everything had turned out. Even his old friend and previous servant Luhan had given the human life a second chance. He and Minseok were not actually together again but seemed to go on a lot of dates lately.

And Baekhyun was so happy to be able to celebrate his favorite time of the year with everyone!

He only missed his friends Yixing and Jongdae badly. But luckily the next full moon was not far away from Christmas, so he already planned to bring some Christmas pudding to the coast for them to try before their fun night in the ocean.

„So... if it is true and this shoal lives far up on the north somewhere... Would you really try and find them? Won't it be really dangerous...?", Sehun asked.

„I really am curious to find out if i might really be... somehow related to this shoal, you know? And what this all means. Chanyeol said that we could also maybe use this opportunity to do a long holiday and also visit other countries. But first we need to find out where exactly the location is. Which seems to be impossible.", Baekhyun sighed.
He had spent the last three years gathering a lot of information about everything regarding the merfolk and the different shoals around the world.
The more he had found out the more he knew there was more to his true nature, that there was more he had to find out.
Also, the older he got the stronger he felt. He sometimes felt like he had different abilities than for example Sehun or Luhan. He still was faster than a normal human being and could even lift Chanyeol without any problems.