Chapter 7

Baekhyun was very nervous as they entered the palace.

He was scared of finding out that his whole life had been a lie. But having Chanyeol at his side, holding his hand and protecting him like this made everything a lot easier.

It was still a bit weird to see Chanyeol as a merman but at the same time Baekhyun absolutely loved it. He also considered Chanyeol to be a very hot merman.

Even in this world Chanyeol was tall and sexy.

Without letting go of Chanyeol's hand he followed Llyr who led them to a big door, surprisingly not made out of ice.

„Wait here. I will talk to the king and check if he wants to meet you right now.", he said and was gone just seconds later.

Baekhyun looked around, leaned against Chanyeol but checked out the merpeople being busy in here.

Nevis and Storm were talking to someone else a bit far away, some servants passed them with their hands full of plant arrangements, some were swimming around being all hectic. Baekhyun's palace at home was also always super busy and lively but it still did not look as beautiful as here.

„Are you scared?", his boyfriend asked and Baekhyun smiled up at him. Chanyeol had been stared at a lot since they arrived here. All the ladies seemed to get flustered by the sexy, red fish-tailed merman who so obviously was human as his true nature. And also some boys had turned their heads for him. Baekhyun felt proud and jealous at the same time.

„Yes, a little bit.", he admitted.

„Don't worry, everything will be alright, okay? We will talk to him, listen to what he has to say and then you finally know everything. And then our mission is complete. And you can finally relax and soon we will start our second trip to the south of France. So we have been super successful until now, don't you think?", Chanyeol smiled. Baekhyun nodded and hugged him. How did Chanyeol always manage to calm him down like that?

That truly was Chanyeol's own, personal secret magic power.

Llyr came back with a nod.

„Okay he is ready to meet you now.", the strong looking warrior-merman with all the markings on his body and face, said. Storm immediately joined them too and the four of them entered into a big hall, which was way more calm than where they were waiting before.

And everything here was made out of ice as well. At home his father sat on a gold throne but this king here was sitting on a high chair made of ice. He was dressed in what looked like warrior-like upper garments. His hair was short and silver as well, the eyes sapphire blue and the tail long and... silver turning into blue. Just like Baekhyun's.

Baekhyun gulped at the noticeable resemblance.

When they arrived at the end of the with shells framed walk, Llyr and Storm bowed quickly but deeply. Baekhyun, being used to be bowed at himself, almost forgot to do the same but quickly remembered and lowered his head. So did Chanyeol.

It was weird to look at the king's face anyways. He looked so much like his mother...

Baekhyun didn't know what to expect but he certainly didn't think the king would get up, swim towards him and grab him by his shoulders to look at him closely.
Baekhyun looked up at him a bit shocked and saw a surprised, shocked but also relieved expression on the king's face.

„No doubt. You have your mother's face. Her lips, her eyes...", the king said and a small smile appeared on his face.

„I have been looking for you for so long... Why did it take you so long to come home?", the king asked, now letting go of Baekhyun.