25- Growing Pains

Marcus knocked on the heavy, white door in front of him. The knocks echoed through the darkness of Leigh's apartment where she hid  during this time.

He heard footsteps becoming heavier as he waited at the door. Slowly, the door creaked open revealing a puffy eyed Leigh. She didn't look good; huge bags hung under her eyes, her hair a mess and looked like her appetite was gone. Almost instantly Leigh buckled from exhaustion into marcus' arms, struggling to stand upright.

Marcus was in a panic, guilt took over his body. I caused this, he thought to himself. She was emotionally and physically drained.
he needed to get her to hospital not just for her but for their baby.

~•~

Leigh-Anne woke up to the glimmer of white walls around her. She heard the light beeps of the heart monitor behind her. She was about to move until she saw Marcus' upper body laying on her hospital bed. His hand clutched hers as he slept almost peacefully on her lap.

Leigh was confused of what happened, she opened the door to see Marcus then all of the sudden she blacked out. Although she was more worried about her baby. Leigh looked down at her stomach to see if her little one was moving... luckily she saw it give her a slight nudge in her stomach.

Leigh decided to slowly wake Marcus up, softly stroking his corse curls, his eyes start to flutter open. A tight squeeze was felt on Leigh's hand, signalling that Marcus has awakened from his slumber. His eyes gaze to her in taking every single detail of her face. She looked much better than what she was in the last 72 hours, which was a sign of relief.

"What happened?"
Leigh fussed, she was not the person to be still in one place for a long period of time... although she was induced into a small coma over the last 3 days.

"When I went round to yours, you were really weak and passed out. It was a hard fall  so you were induced into a coma for a couple days so the injuries will clear up much more faster. Luckily the fall didn't damage yo-...our baby."
Marcus softly said whilst one hand was on her bump and the other stroking her hand with his thumb in small circles.

Leigh was still sceptical about Marcus behaviour, but was in awe at him calling their baby "our", it seemed like Marcus has matured after their time apart.

"Look Leigh-Anne, I am so sorry. I was so idiotic, in the way I managed the situation and never thought it through. I want this, I want us... to be together and be a family. Can we start over, I've already been looking at houses for us to move into in Altrincham."

Marcus' eyes glazed over, he was about to cry. These heart-warming speech sent Leigh into a whirlwind of happiness.

"Yes, I do. But Altrincham? I would preferably like Alder Forest."
Leigh said in a cocky manner, Marcus let out a small laugh at Leigh's remark.

"Okay whatever you say."
Marcus mumbled slowly dozing off again.

Everything was looking up for once, Leigh thought.

A/N All I'm gonna say there is gonna be slow updates on this book.