Multi Personality

Chase

"Because he does." I look up with wide and wet eyes to see Mr. Davenport standing there arms folded and a soft but serious expression on his face. "Chase has MPD and has had it since he was born. I took the cowardly way out and decided to tell Chase that Spike was a result of his bionics. I'm sorry I lied but it has kept everything in check."

I am horrified. People already look at me like I'm a nutjob so now I officially am one? What is up with this life? I notice Davenport looking at my exposed arms, so I cross them to hide my wrists. "I already know so what's the point in doing that?" Davenport is looking pointedly at my crossed arms.

"Because I'm just pretending you don't know." I don't know where the attitude came from but whatever.

"One, Drop the attitude. Two, you are not doing that anymore. Three, I'm very dissapointed in you. Four, you're grounded." Davenport finishes his hurtful list and walks out the door.

As the hospital door slams I try to blink back the tears as I look at Bree. I try to smile but burst into tears instead. Bree hugs me close, just like when I had nightmares. I wish I could tell her how I feel but this is not the time nor the place.

Davenport needs to stop acting like I'm his kid when it's so obvious he doesn't want me to be. I try and try and get a small talk of accomplishment when I do big things, but why can't he be proud of me? Why can't anybody be proud of me?

I wonder a lot of things. I wonder why I'm a disappointment as a son, a student, and friend. I wonder what I did to people to get them to hurt me so badly. I wonder what I did that made everybody just label and hate me.

All I know is I'm done. I can run away and not look back, hide away somewhere safe.

I look at Bree and wonder if she'll come too. I need to know that something would go right for me.

I just need somebody and that somebody isn't going to be my "alter ego," Spike.

I need it to be Bree.

____________________

Okay so this was on my iPod so I don't know if it was shorter or longer than usual so I'm not sure if I should apologize for it being short because I haven't written on my iPod in like a year but yeah! Sorry it's short! Bye lovelies! Xo, JH