Don't Stay in School /// Jason Todd

IMPORTANT A/N

In this oneshot Jason died at about 13, but he only trained with the league for a year. He came back home about halfway through being 15. Now he is 16 and in high school.

Dick is 21

Tim is 14

Damian is 10

Bruce is 38 ish

Alfred is 65 ish
______________________________
THEN

Jason had cheated on his research project. In his defense, they did give way to much homework. His brother's girlfriend, Barbra, worked in the school library. So naturally, she monitored the kids who had detention.

 When Jason showed up, she wasn't surprised. And just Jason's luck, Dick was volunteering in the library that day. When Dick saw his younger brother, a smirk appeared on his face. 

"Jay, since im a volunteer I could find you a way out of detention, and rewriting that paper."
Jason looked at him suspiciously and said, "Oh yeah, and what would that be?"

"You just have to participate in the talent show" Dick said innocently. 

"As if." Jason scoffed. 

"Such a shame, I guess I'll just go make the call to Alf." He said shaking his head.

" You wouldn't dare." Jason said through gritted teeth, giving him a batglare that could rival Batman's.

"Sorry bro, school rules"

"Okay! Okay! Fine!" Jason said putting his hands up defensively.

In the end, Jason didn't have to serve that detention, but he did have to sing in front of all of Gotham Academy.

A FEW DAYS LATER

Jason walks on the stage with the confidence of knowing he was about to denounce the whole education system. He looked at the front row to his family, noting the video cameras Dick and Alfred had. He knew they were gonna wanna put those away soon. Jason then raps the entire song "Don't Stay in School." He had quite a bit if detention after that, but it was worth every second. 

EXTENDED ENDING

Jason was sitting the back of the limo, Bruce giving him a harsh batglare. Alfred broke the awkward silence with his lecture. 

"What was going on in your head Master Jason. School is a great help. Unless you wish to work at Bat Burger for all of eternity. I expect you'll write an apology to all your teachers." Then Alfred looked back at Bruce and Jason to see that their intense staring hasn't ended. 

"Tt, learn how to act Todd" Damian scoffs
"ALRIGHT YOU LITTLE..."
"MASTER JASON!"
Then Jason crossed his arms and looked out the window for the remainder of the tense ride.

Song: Don't Stay in School
By: Boyinaband

Original: June 2018

Edited: May 2020