Mistakes and Second Chances

I don't own Reign!!!

Mary walked slowly to breakfast with Greer and Lola following behind her. It was the next morning and Mary felt terrible. She had cried herself to sleep and had horrible nightmares about what Queen Ella might do to her.

As she walked in she saw that Francis and Cathrine were waiting for her, but Ella was not there. She sighed with relief, she wouldn't have to face Ella yet. So she walked up to Francis and Cathrine.

"I have to tell you something." She said quietly to them. "Ella's back is covered in awful scars. I believe they are from the attack on her German castle. I think she was..."

"Stop it! You foolish child!" Cathrine hissed at her "I know exactly what happened to the poor girl and you should really be more sympathetic towards her."

"Besides," Francis said "you were warned not to say anything. Do not go breaking your word Mary."

"It is not my word!" Mary said hotly "It is yours! You made the promise! Not me! You didn't even ask if Kenna wanted to leave my service! You just agreed!"

"Be quiet Mary." Francis spoke through gritted teeth.

Ella swept into the room in a gown of silver. Her long hair in a braided crown. She looked stunning.

Ella came up to Francis and asked "When should Bash be returning? He's been on this mission an awfully long time

Ella came up to Francis and asked "When should Bash be returning? He's been on this mission an awfully long time."

Mary was fuming, steam practically poured from her ears. She was being ignored! At her own breakfast table!

Francis replied "He should be back later today. I'm sure you'll want a word with him."

"Yes, I would." Ella said "And Queen Mary I would like to reintroduce you to the Lady Violet. She will be staying with you for the remainder of my visit."

The sweet faced, smiling girl curtsied to Mary and said "Your majesty."

"You will find her to be a very able needle woman. She is also most skilled at tracking game."

"How interesting." Mary said rudely and both Francis and Cathrine kicked her under the table.

Cathrine hissed "Stop acting like a spoiled brat!"

Francis merely said "Mary, please."

Ella's happy expression soured "Remember our deal Queen Mary. You will treat me and my ladies with the respect owed to my station."

"How am I to do that when I don't even know your station is?!" Mary shouted, slamming her hands onto the table and standing up.

Immediately Francis and Cathrine began to yell at her. They stood up too as they told her to "Be quiet!"

Ella sat calmly at the table drinking from her goblet. Finally she said quietly "Enough."

Francis and Cathrine instantly backed down.