seven

*make sure that you read chapter six first, some notifications didn't go out*

Those eyes were terribly and unnaturally bright. I took a step away from Aidan, my legs hit the table top but before I could fall, Aidan's arm was wrapped around my waist. With one blink his eyes softened back to his natural amber brown shade. "Put it together, please, Addi." I wanted to squirm away from his hold but something in my head told me not too. It wasn't fear but curiosity. "Please."

"Aidan," I reached up and touched his cheek, I traced under his eye with the pad of my thumb, his warmth was comforting. At some point during my trance, I cautiously put it together but I couldn't say the words out loud. It all seemed like a dream that I was going to wake up from at any moment.

The strength, the compassion, the thoughts he could hear. Everything. "Werewolf." Was all I said and I wasn't even sure he heard me. He just watched me as I admired him. He was still Aidan, whether he was a dog or not. He was still warm, still sweet, and still had my attention more than anybody else ever has.

I traced my hand away from his cheek and down to his chin, I used my thumb and pulled his lip down. I don't know what I was expecting, canines, maybe. But there wasn't anything out of the normal except his perfectly straight and polished teeth. I let my hand fall from his head and to his chest, I laid my hand where his heart should be. Where his heart was. It beated faster than mine.

Aidan didn't say anything, he just let me admire him. I wasn't judging, I was thinking, and got more and more curious each passing second, but I didn't know if it would be rude to ask so I kept my mouth shut. We stood like that for an impressive amount of time, my hands wondering above the belt and his hand gripping my waist tightly. "I should get you home." Aidan said and pulled away.

"No," It was barely a whisper. "Please stay." Aidan looked suspicious but walked the foots distance to me. There was barely an inch in between us. He placed his hand on the small of my back and pulled me closer so that I was flush against his chest, I didn't waste a second to lean down and press my lips against his plump ones.

This kiss was different than the last. It was more heated. More passionate. More dominant. More wanting. It was just, more. My hands wrapped in his black hair and his hands gripped me tightly to his chest as his lips were dominant against mine. I needed air and I planned on pulling away, but the second that thought entered my mind, Aidan pulled me closer and slipped his tongue passed my lips.

He knew what I wanted, what I needed. My thoughts were his. Finally, he gave me what I needed and took away the very  thing I wanted. I gasped air into my lungs, holding onto Aidan's broad shoulders for support. I looked in his eyes and almost stumbled back. They were that Fire and Marigold color again.

"Aidan." Was the only thing I could say. "How?" I didn't know what question I was asking but he seemed to. He pulled away, blinked, and then pulled me off the bench, he sat down pulling me so that I was straddling his legs. This was such a seemingly innocent seating position but it etched an image of two lovers in my head.

"Remember what I told you about mating? " I felt my eyes widen in shock.

"You want to mate with me?" I asked slowly, leaving a second of silence in between each word I spoke. "Why?"

Aidan chuckled and cupped my cheek in his hand, he smiled softly. "It's not that simple, kitten. Mates are special, there's an invisible bond that pulls two people together. It starts with the werewolf, but when the bond is stronger, the human can feel it too. " I nodded my head and closed my eyes, i remembered the diner and how I was so trusting with him. I remembered not wanting to leave him and I remembered the pull towards him.

"What'd you see when you first saw me?"

Aidan laughed and rested his head in the crook of my neck, his pressed his lips slightly to the curve of my shoulder causing me to shiver, then he pulled back and looked at me with a smile. "I saw you, Addison Laclare. I saw those big forest green eyes that reminded me of home, that adorable smile and nervous laugh when you ran into me. I heard your heartbeat and the way it reacted to everything I said. I heard your angelic voice and I wanted to get on my knees right then and beg you to be mine." He leaned his head back and chuckled again as if he couldn't believe what he was saying.

"I hoped it was wrong though. I hoped and prayed that night that you weren't the girl I mated with." I looked away from his amber eyes. That stung. "I begged whoever is above to change it. I didn't want to hurt you Addi. You are so pure and so heavenly, I knew I'd hurt you. But then I saw you at the diner and heard what those men were saying about you. I wanted to rip each and everyone of their heads off and I knew you were meant to be mine. But then there's always that thought of "she has every right to say no and run away" and "she wouldn't love a monster" but then you kept coming back and I continue to keep those thoughts running in my mind."

His words were as sweet as apple pie but I was angry. How dare he throw a fit for my putdowns towards myself and then he think of himself as a monster. I was fuming in rage.  I didn't have to know him all but for a few days to know Aidan Hunter wouldn't hurt me. He wouldn't dare think about it, so what in his damn mind made him think of himself as a monster?

"Addison?" Aidan pulled me from my thoughts and I eyed him, he must have heard my thoughts, he hears everything else. "What're you thinking about?"

"Surely you must have heard." I said and he smiled his crooked smile and said, "it's only select, kitten. I like listening for the good things, the things that you want to say but are too shy to say, and sometimes when I'm able to hear the bad things too. It's very pick and choose." then I smiled, happy that I had some type of safe haven in my own head. But, it shortly disappeared when I remembered that I have been thinking of Aidan for the most part of the last days, surely he probably heard those thoughts.

"You're not a monster, Aidan." I said softly, he spoke of my angelic voice but all It sounded like to my own ears was sandpaper rubbing against each other.

"That's debatable." I rolled my eyes and done the first thing I could think of doing. I began to think of how much prettier that girl at the steakhouse was than me, how much more experienced Nina would always be than I would. How much both of them had so much to offer that I could never. Finally, Aidan broke. "Stop that." He snapped and I smiled.

"Then you stop." I demanded. Then, we were kissing. Just like last time I couldn't breath, I didn't even think I wanted to. My tummy flipped and my head spun wild devoted to thoughts about Aidan. Thoughts that I knew Aidan could hear.

"Ah, the park." A foreign voice announced from behind me. A deep, instinctual growl left Aidan's parted lips and the sound was very appealing to me. "Scotty, they're here!" I looked at the man and saw who I could only guess to be Embry. He had the same hair and baby blue eyes and set jaw.

"What're you doing here?" Aidan asked. He grabbed my waist and placed me beside him, he kept a grip on my hand, keeping our fingers braided together.

"You broke the rules, Aidan." Scotty said coming up. His medium length hair was messy from running in the wind.

"I'll pay the consequences for that. Why are you here?" Embry rolled his eyes at Aidan's demanding tone.

"Tessa sent us." Embry informed. "Something along the lines of "I'll give him a break as long as I get to meet the lady" and we came to deliver the treaty." Aidan looked down at me, his jaw was taut and his amber eyes were going crazy. I didn't know who Tessa was but I didn't need to, it was clear she was important.

I nodded my head, not quite knowing what I was signing up for. "Okay, we'll be there."

I wrote this chapter in like ten minutes, oops. I have so many ideas that I want to put forward and I cant wait to have them in words!

What do you think so far?

Do you guys have any published books (hard cover or paper back) that're worth reading? Give me suggestions please?!

Vote and comment!