Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Today was June 21st. Two months after I was diagnosed with this ill. Another school year starts, as well as a new semester. I'm on my third year as an Architecture student, that means only one thing, I'll gonna get busier than last year.

I'm in the living room right now, busy of organizing my things and supplies before going to school, when eventually mom walked in.

“Are you really well? Can you really go to school now?” asked mom, she looked worried.

“Mom, I'm okay. Of course I can go to school. I'm not a kid anymore, remember?” I answered.

“Kimberly, I'm just being concerned here. You know that your ill is dangerous. You're still on your medication process.”

“Mom, I know what I've got. Please, stop reminding it to me everytime. Please.”

I heard her sighed.

“Is breakfast ready?” I asked, anxious to change the topic.

“Yes. Come, let’s eat.” mom answered nodding her head and leading the way to the dining area.

I sat on my usual chair, when suddenly I heard footsteps going downstairs. Then, I saw dad and Marx at the end of the stairway. They went straight to the dining area to eat with us.

“Good morning Mom, good morning ate Kim.” Marx greeted.

“Morning.” I greeted back.

Dad just sat on his chair which was just on my right, and started to sip his coffee, held the newspaper up then read it.

“Good morning dad.” I greeted dad.

“Morning.” he greeted back without looking at me.

Well, atleast he answered. Most of the times, he'll just be there, nodding at me, then he'll continue to read the newspaper. It's an improvement.

Ate~ Can you please hand me the milk?” Marx cried out, pouting his lips out. Oh, how cute.

“Oh. Sure.” I answered, handing the milk over to Marx.

“Your Kuya Samuel called last night. He was worried about you. He said that you must wait and rest for a while. Atleast until we saw the outcome and the effect of the medic—atleast after your therapy.” mom opened up, without telling the m-word, means no word such as 'medication'.

We are avoiding Marx to know about my illness. So we made an agreement that no one would tell the m-word.

“Why didn't he just call me instead? So I could defend myself, I could even say that I'm fine.”

“He's avoiding to have an argument with you. Because he knew he won't win over you.”

I just rolled my eyes. Yeah right.

Minutes later, I heard the school bus horn.

“I've got to go. Bye.” I said rushing through the living room to pick up my bag and things.

I then go out and ride the bus. When I got to my usual seat, I was confused when the bus didn't move as what it usually does. What could have happened?

Then after a minute or so, I heard the bus door closed and the bus began to move. Must have been some mechanical problems, I thought.  I just laid my back and then got my iPod out and listen to my usual playlist.

But that didn’t bother me much, because the person who just rides the bus just sat beside me. Who might it be? No one sits with me, ever.

I turned to look at the person to my left, and the sight shocked me. What on earth is he doing in my school bus?! Why did he sit beside me!? And who on earth is he smiling at!?

I took my earphones out.

“What are you doing in here?” I whispered, trying not to take any unwanted attention.

“Why not. Do you own this seat?” he asked quizzically.

“Uhm, no. But—“

“See? And by the way, I'm studying on your school now. I’m your school mate now.” He said, loudly—very loud.

“Shh. Could you put your voice down? I don’t want any unwanted attention.” I said putting my index finger in front of my lips.

“Huh? Why not? You’re... uhm, cute. Why would a cute girl like you wouldn’t want any attention?”

The compliment made me feel awkward, and I could feel my cheeks getting hot. So I turned my gazed away.

“Forget it.” I just plugged the earphones back unto my ears; I was trying to put my mind out this body, out of this bus and out of his presence.

But the thought of what he just said made me smile. I shook my head. What am I thinking? Ugh!!

As soon as the bus stops, I eventually went out of it. I want to be out of his sight and presence. Even a thought of him makes me feel jittery. Gods!!

I went straight to my locker busy putting my books that I’ll be using later and taking out my Literature book when eventually I heard someone came near me.

“Hey, bitch.” A familiar voice said.

I turned to look at my right—at her and squealed, “Johanna!!”

And I think you know what happens next. So, yes, we strangled each other and wait who dies first. The end, end of story, nothing follows—Fin.

Nah, ahahahahaha. I’m just kidding. You see, Johann and I were best of friends. She lives just blocks away from school in which we usually hang-out after class.

“Hey! You hoe! Where have you been? I never saw you this last summer. You never texted neither called me, what happened to you?!” Johanna complained

“Long story, Johanna. And no, I don’t have time to summarize it.” I said, uneasy and anxious not to cry in front of her and of anybody.

“Aww...” she said in awe “C’mon. We haven’t seen for... what? Two months? Come on, spill it out!”

“No, Joe. C’mon, our first subject must’ve been going to start any minute now.”

“Aww... I hate it when you cut the story short.”