Nothing Left to Lose

*" Under the spot light, there's no fight to this show is all right. More money then a Red-box I got big bucks and-"*

Bam. Back to reality. I seem to have woken up again in the middle of the night thinking of how everything was before. Over to my side, My squad - or what was left of them - is still sound asleep, helmets over their face. I decided to get out of our tent and see how everything was, still pitch black. Our Humvee and our two crates of ammo and C-rations are still there. Two weeks ago our captain back at the base have informed us that our reinforcements of green seeds (new soldiers) were on their way. No extraction point yet. I take a long sigh, but go back into the tent and sleep.

8AM here. What woke us up was a bombardment of artillery from the North Korean front. With only the four of us in the area, all we could do it drive back. While the other three were packing into the Humvee, I decide to take point on the hill with a .50 caliber and point them out. There they were, about 150 yards away, shooting artillery shells at us. I took a shot and point on shot the launcher right in the neck. The second man noticed and went to their radio. In the horizon, an Apache gunner was coming.

Our squad was packed up and taking cover behind the Humvee. I take one more shot and killed the second Korean soldier, but now we have a goddamn helicopter on its way.

Just then, the last shot from their artillery hit near our Humvee and two of our soldiers left were hit by shrapnel. They lay unconscious as our last man calls into the radio. Behind us I finally here out reinforcement cargo plane incoming. The AC-130 was able to fit about 100 men, and the "angel of death" launchers blew up their helicopter within seconds.

A sigh of relief came as the plane landed and everyone came out, and the hurt were dusted-off (taken by medics back to base). But then I realized, I was in charge of everyone here.