Party

•Jasmine's POV•

"You ready, babe?" Jake asks as he puts the car in park.

"Yep!" I smile.

We get out of the car and walk up to the house where the party is. We walk in and right away, I'm hit with the smell of alcohol invading my nostrils and the sound of loud music booming through my ears.

"Hey!!!" My best friend, Courtney, yells from across the room.

I smile at her and walk over.

"When did the party start? I thought it started at eight!" I laugh.

"It was supposed to but so many people care early that they started it at seven!"

"Oh, okay." I shrug, moving my hips to the beat of the music.

"Come on, let's get you a drink!" Courtney says, pulling me by my hand.

"Uhm, Okay.." I chuckle.

I've actually never drank before. I've been to a lot of parties, tried smoking once. But never have I ever drank alcohol.

We get to the kitchen where all the drinks are and Courtney asks me what I want.

"I don't know.. what do you suggest?" I chuckle.

"What do you mean, what do I suggest? What do you like??" She laughs.

I smile nervously and she clues in.

"Ohhhh. Is someone a drink virgin?" She giggles.

"Well, yeah.." I admit, embarrassed.

"Okay, here. I'll mix something up for you."

She mixes together a bunch of liquids and pours it into a glass before passing it to me.

"Try this."

"Okay..." I say, sniffing it.

I put the glass to my lips and tilt it, letting the foreign liquids flow into my mouth. I quickly swallow it and it burns all the way down my throat, into my stomach.

"Woahh," I cough.

"You like?" Courtney laughs.

"Is it supposed to burn like that?" I ask, blowing air from my mouth.

"What do you expect? It's alcohol!"

I shrug and take a small sip. It feels better this time because there's not as much going down.

"So, where's Jake?" Courtney asks.

"I'm not sure. Let's go find him."

We walk through the crowds of people grinding on each other to the music and I eventually see Jake with his group of friends.

"Hey, Baby. Oh, look at you with the drinks!" Jake chuckles as I approach him.

"Hey, Jazz. You're looking fine, girl!" One of his football team mates whistles at me.

"Thanks." I smile.

"Wanna dance, babe?" Jake asks.

"Sure." I nod.

He takes me by my hand and I toss back the last bit of my drink before passing my glass to Courtney.

"Have fun!" Courtney whispers and winks at me.

Jake and I move into an area where there's less people and he pulls me close to his body. We move our hips to the beat as I move my arms up behind his neck and he keeps his hands on my waist.