Soul searching/Unfiltered

*Not really a poem more like me rambling about this topic*

What really is the true meaning of soul searching? 

I'm not one to state my opinion, but I believe that soul searching is when one finally finds what they were looking for all along. The final puzzle piece to ones puzzle. The piece that brings joy to your body. The piece that gives you relief of finally completing the puzzle after hours on hours on end of connecting every single piece with each other. 

The puzzle piece that just seems so euphoric to you and you sit back and you look at all your hard work that you have accomplished. Like a beautiful painting that you admire from afar. That is what I believe soul searching is. 

Obviously there is so much to it right? The struggles that you went through, your ups and down. Your heart breaks that you have gone through. It's not really all about the bad things that you have gone through or felt throughout your journey. It is also about all the wonderful moments that you spent with people that you love and care about. The moments that made you wished you can stay in there forever. 

Soul searching is finding peace with what you did in life. Now excuse my french as they say, but shit its ok to have regrets, we all do. We fucked up some things, but so what?! I know damn right, we still get up every morning trying to right our wrongs or trying to make up for any mistakes we have made. And that is ok, because as long as we are learning from and accepting it as it is, and we are moving along, then don't feel bad for anything. It is ok to take your time, and be selfish sometimes to put yourself first.  Remember the saying, "slow and steady wins the race" , always remind yourself of that every once in a while when you feel in doubt.  

Accepting the truth of what we are is truly where it is at. The lowest and highest version of yourself is still you, and we just gotta accept that, that's all. And when that happens, you've truly found yourself or your soul :).

Short poem for those of you who stayed until the end of this page:

House

There is a house inside me

A house that protects me from all the dangers that are outside. 

But this house leaves the door open sometimes to all the dangers, and when they come rushing inside to hurt me, the house does nothing. 

 And when I am left alone, cold and on the ground, the house starts the fireplace and a cup of hot chocolate is placed on a table beside it to keep me warm.

Even though the house protects me, it also teaches me that even though there is light, there is also darkness.

The house is always there when I sneak out of it, always ready for me to get back home.

 It always has its doors wide open for me when I come back with a big wide smile on my face. It also  has its doors wide open for me when I come back bruised, scratched and crying. No matter what, it is always open for me. 

This house that I love and hate all at once, is me. A house that I will always love and protect at the end of the day.