Chapter 2

It has now been a month since the case that had sent the whole town into a frenzy and Nina has been breezing through paperwork and solving cases. Ever since that one faithful case Nina has been called hero by the people of the town she constantly brushes it off, as she is just doing her job. Prior to that case she has been promoted to Head Detective of the force.

After being promoted Nina has found herself with no free time as she is always at the station working overtime. Seeing as Nina loves her job, Chief Wilson's request hasn't crossed her mind once, until her colleagues started to bring it up after seeing noticeable changes in her demeanor, and appearance."It's fine to take a break. Don't stress yourself to much Nina. We need you in top shape Nina. Go get rest."  Is all Nina has been hearing from everybody ever since she got promoted and started working overtime which is almost every night. 

Sitting her office Nina was going through papers and pictures of what needed to be repaired around town. Since major crimes really didn't occur seeing as the town was a small one with population at 10,000 the force only got small non-serious crimes.

Thinking about nothing in particular Nina just stared at a wall and zoned out for a moment before snapping out of it seeing as the message man Dave is waving his hand in her face. 
"Sorry you were zoned out for a few minutes, I just wanted to inform you that Chief wishes to speak with you in his right now he said it was urgent." Without looking at him Nina does a quick nod before stacking her papers and putting them in a neat pile in the middle of her desk and standing up straightening out her shirt and making her way to the Chief's office. Entering slowly Chief looks at her and gives her a small smile that reaches his eyes before motioning for her to sit down.

"Now before I start discussing the matters at hand you are in no way in trouble, I just need to bring the issue that I have been seeing and that also been brought up to my attention." Looking at Chief confused she meekly nodded her head and folded her hands in front of her and rested them in her lap, "I've been seeing some changes in you these past weeks that has effected your work and seems to be taking a toll on you and wanted to make sure you were alright." Still sitting quiet she just sits there staring not saying anything already knowing what he is going to say, "Well I am just going to say it, Nina you don't to well and you have been slacking a little bit on your work I know you like working but you are over-working yourself, you also need to rest so you can be at your best and now since everyone counts on you to solve our major cases, so relating to that point I am giving you a paid leave for 2 weeks no questions asked and no objections, I can't have you half way asleep and not fully aware." Finishing his sentence he thinks to himself 'I know this may kill her not working but she needs to get her energy up'.

Somewhat shocked and kind of expecting it is what Nina felt all at the same time but deep down she knew it was what she needed seeing as she is never home and hasn't been getting sleep has taken a toll on her physically and mentally but she knew this was good for her. Looking up back up at Chief she spoke for the first time since entering, "I think that would be best for me too, I have been lacking on sleep, but can I at least finish off my work for today I only have 4 more papers to do and then I am done for the day?" Thinking for a second Chief told her sure and to make sure she sent over her files that she just got for the day and dismissing her to go finish.

Getting back to her desk Nina got her papers she was finishing and sat down before starting to work again. Eventually finishing up a hour later Nina cleans up her desk and made sure all of stuff was shut down and put away before grabbing her things and exiting the building seeing as Dave came to retrieve the files from her earlier. Unlocking her car and starting it up she inhaled deeply before releasing it as she thought about how she could finally relax, but it quickly disappeared as she thought about the reasons why she kept herself occupied with work, sighing to herself she pulled out of the parking garage and made her way home with one word in her mind.Sleep.